jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What motivated your very first hub? What did you write about?

1. Ronyae profile image75
    Ronyaeposted 3 years ago

What motivated your very first hub? What did you write about?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I published four hubs on my first day here, almost four years ago now. They were reviews of four then-recent hard rock CDs that were originally intended to run in a music e-zine I contributed to. However the zine's owner decided to close up shop before I had the chance to send them in. I didn't want them to go to waste so I started looking for a new place to post them... and eventually I found HP. The rest, as they say, is history...

Ronyaeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like the same thing I did to start my journey on HP, Keith... thanks for sharing your experience!

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

no idea. I first wrote when I look through a cookbook and saw how other hubbers wrote, just copy their writing style

That was an excellent way to start, Peachy!  I had to read a few in order to see how things operated, too!

4. profile image0
    China Abarquezposted 3 years ago

When I joined hubpages, my first hub is about pork barrel scam (it's a government funds scandal) in our country. At the time of writing, it was the hottest government issue in Ph and still an issue now involving politicians.

...Now, that's a great way to enter - informing, and jaw-dropping material.  I'm in awe because you've enlightened me about the scam. Thanks China!

5. profile image94
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

I was documenting something at work on Excel and was looking for somewhere on line I could store it. Looked around on the Internet and found HubPages and the rest is history smile

The hub itself was awful as it had no pictures or anything but I soon learnt how it all worked and redid it.

That's a good start, Robbie! Thanks for sharing your experience.

6. Akriti Mattu profile image76
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

This heart breaking story of a female hunter killing innocent animals in the wild and then glorifying it , was what i wrote about in my first hub. I read the story on Twitter and saw some heart rending pictures so i really felt like writing about it and hence did it.

Ronyaeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's good journalism, Akriti!

7. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

I have always been an avid reader, and loved writing.  Previous to HP my writing was confined to long letters to friends and relatives.  Their remarks about them were always positive and encouraging.

My first foray in writing for publishing was about pets - mainly cats and dogs, as I feel that I understand them and their needs. Later on I branched out to other subjects, always something that is simmering in my mind.  I feel I just have to write about it.

working