Which social media sites are the best to place your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Jeolson profile image57
    Jeolsonposted 8 years ago

Which social media sites are the best to place your hubs?

I have been placing them on my Facebook author page, which has brought traffic to them. I also have them on Stumbleupon. Are Twitter and Pinterest just as effective?

2. Dressage Husband profile image68
    Dressage Husbandposted 8 years ago

I find that Pinterest works for me, I get a few from Facebook and Google+
    Twitter does not work so well for me. That said I think it depends on your Hubs topics. The Hubs with great photos work best on Pinterest and almost as well on Google+ I rather feel that the format of those sites suits photos well and they do not need a huge amount of text to work well.

1. Jeolson profile image57
      Jeolsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Is Google+ like Facebook? I set up an account long ago but really haven't used it much.

2. Dressage Husband profile image68
      Dressage Husbandposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is like a cross between Facebook and Pinterest, and works best if you link all of your Google accounts and grant it access to Facebook Twitter and Pinterest. That way posting to it also posts to the others, or it can if you want.

3. preparingforgmat profile image61
    preparingforgmatposted 8 years ago

yes they are and if your topic is very interesting you will get a lot off traffics from them

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

i use fb, twitter, google plus, pinterest and stumbleupon. I found some viewers came from stumbleupon

5. islandangler profile image52
    islandanglerposted 8 years ago

By far the best has to be Facebook.  Find groups within your niche and post.  You should get  a good amount of traffic.

Pinterest is more targeted towards pictures and I have not had that much affect, twitter requires more patience but can be useful.

6. profile image87
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 8 years ago

It seems to very much depend on what your Hubs are written about. Many people do very well from Pinterest for example but I get almost no views from there at all. What I would say is to keep posting across all of the main ones listed here and see what works for you.

Also, I use Google+ mainly, specifically groups. If you find the right group (through trial and error) you can definitely give your hubs a short term boost. So, just keep trying and posting until you find what is right for your content smile

7. prettynutjob30 profile image83
    prettynutjob30posted 8 years ago

Facebook, and Pinterest, but you have to be careful when using Facebook though. Because if you add too many, it can look like spam to people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)