jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What portion of your invalid links are to your own hubs that were unfeatured?

1. Virginia Allain profile image86
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

What portion of your invalid links are to your own hubs that were unfeatured?

When I get unfeatured hubs, I sometimes don't have time to massage them and get them refeatured quickly. Unfortunately that creates broken links in related hubs, making more of them look bad. Sigh....

Is this a problem in your hub list too?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Hello Virginia. That was more of a problem before I narrowed the amount of hubs I have. I made it a practice to use the 'Broken Links' feature at the account page when I deleted a hub. Usually it would catch it for me. Otherwise, 'Yes', that was a problem for me being my own hubs as the source. That usually was the cause.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

when i have broken links, i remove them  so that I could get the hub featured again. Otherwise, I check out what happened to the links

4. thranax profile image51
    thranaxposted 2 years ago

The links annoy me too. Come to think of it the constant tweeking of hubs is starting to grind my gears. I wrote evergreen hubs to be just that - evergreen. Not "ever going to have to add one sentence or change a picture" to be featured. I think the featured/nonfeatured coding needs to be more forgiving if for nothing else, our links to our own pages trying to get them traffic and trying to get our trackers onto as many systems as we can.

~thranax~

working