jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is your criteria for choosing the "Best Answer"?

1. MarieLB profile image81
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

What is your criteria for choosing the "Best Answer"?

I find it so difficult to choose the best answer at times.  What criteria should I choose?
    The one  -that matches my own view - that seems most sensible - that creates most interest - one that gives a solution I approve of - one that has the best readability score - one that gives a creative solution ?   And what about when I find that several deserve to be chosen?  This happens often as we have so many good writers here.

2. frankcofrah profile image75
    frankcofrahposted 2 years ago

I think the citeria of choosing the best answer solemnly depends on hubber who asked.
    I prefer, an answer that fills and correctly satisfies my wants.
    Moreover,  an example used in the answer gives me the confidence, to say the answer is correct.

MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is one of my list too, but there are many others of course.  what I understand that you are telling me is, to measure whether the question I put to you is well and fully covered.  Thank you.  That is very important in my view.

3. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

It's really atypical task. We get so many good answers. And, at times, you may not get any satisfying answer. When there is no satisfying answer, you may leave it without choosing best answer. But when there are good answers with a solution to your question that is much sensible, you will have to select among many choices that best appeals to you.

Selecting one good answer means that the rest get no mention.  Yet, one may have a number of really good answers.  I get the advantage of their responses and I would like to do the right thing by those who write.  Thank you for  your helpful ideas VM

4. Evane profile image52
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

It is short, direct and concise. In short, no flowery words.

Thank you for responding Miss Eva Gono.  Certainly that would make the answer clear and direct, so I would say it has its merits.

working