jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do I pick a topic area to focus on in HubPages?

1. choneycutt profile image78
    choneycuttposted 2 years ago

How do I pick a topic area to focus on in HubPages?

If you would like to skim through my pages and help me choose a writing topic I should focus on, I would be forever grateful and follow you.  Also, any advice would be much appreciated.  I need to define my field of writing.

2. Evane profile image52
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

I'd say you base your decision on your area of interests. That way it is easier for you to express your thoughts or ideas.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Whatever topic you find yourself reading the most about is the one that interests (you) most. Odds are you've gained some insight and knowledge along the way or have strong opinions which would make it easier for you to write about.
    I've always been interested in the dynamic of relationships, dating, and marriage with regard to people and the choices they make.
    In fact (most) hubs and questions I read or post comments fall under "gender relations".
    Make a note of which topics you tend to be drawn towards!

4. integrater profile image59
    integraterposted 2 years ago

Very often people say pick a topic you are interested in. I disagree. Pick a topic you are knowlegeable about. Knowledge and interest are two different things. You might be interested in astronomy but may not have enough knowledge about astronomy to write about it . Of course you can gain and build knowledge about a topic.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

On the other hand it's nearly impossible to obtain knowledge about something you have NO interest in. If you're interested in something (enough) you'll read up on it, research it, and most importantly (learn) things about it. Makes sense to me.