jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have a niche and do you feel it helps you draw in more traffic?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Do you have a niche and do you feel it helps you draw in more traffic?

Does your writing on one main topic help boost your traffic? What is your niche? Does this also boost your HubScore?

2. kalinin1158 profile image99
    kalinin1158posted 2 years ago

I don't have a niche, and for better or for worse, I feel like it's the only way I can write and be creative.  I enjoy the freedom of not knowing what I'm going to write about next, the niche just feels very constricting to me.

Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for commenting, Svetlana. I write in several genres and so far have enjoyed it immensely.  Sometimes, though, I do ponder about a niche.

2. kbdressman profile image93
      kbdressmanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Can you have it both ways, Phyllis, and let us know how it goes?  (Am I going to get struck if I suggest you open a second account?)  Have a niche account and a creative account and see where they take you?  Best of both worlds?

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image97

I don't think a second account would work for me at this time, kbdressman.  You do have a good idea there - maybe in a year or so I could handle that. Thanks for the idea.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

Yes, I have a niche account.  In December, I also opened a second account so that I could write about other things.

I do think having a niche helps, but not as much as I would have thought.  Without realizing it, mine was seasonal...so it is only May through August when it does well.  The rest of the year, not so much.

That's why I opened the second account.  However, it is struggling.  I can't seem to find my footing with it, so I keep experimenting.  I have yet to even write one article there that is really doing well.

However, I like having it because it gives me free rein to write what I want.

Well, it seems like it works for you part of the year. In the off-season can you still write hubs on preparing for the coming season (supplies, repairs to have done, replace lost items, etc., or mapping out new locations)?

Closed to reply

working