I guess Hubpages doesn't like me anymore, since they are unfeaturing Hubs that w

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Deborah-Diane profile image84
    Deborah-Dianeposted 8 years ago

I guess Hubpages doesn't like me anymore, since they are unfeaturing Hubs that were fine until now!

I have over two hundred Hubs.  Some have been here several years.  Others were transferred from Squidoo and are listed under DeborahDian, my other account.  All of them have been revised to meet Hub standards.  I have gone through them with a fine tooth comb to make sure they comply with the rules.  However, they keep unfeaturing them and, when I revise them again and again by removing more and more ads, they still will not approve them.  I have already removed two Hubs and put them on a different site, which welcomed them with open arms.  I don't want to have to do that with all of them!

2. Au fait profile image85
    Au faitposted 8 years ago

Several of your hubs are sales only.  They feature items that could make nice gifts for special occasions and that's all they have.  HP doesn't like that and I'm surprise they let them go for so long.  But I enjoyed them as you know.  I thought there were some great ideas in them that would help people decide what to give.

You can only have 2 sales listings per hub so long as the content of the hub has enough words to support them, and those words need to relate to whatever you're selling, but provide helpful information, not just a sales pitch.

Deborah-Dianeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your follow-up comment.  I know that you certainly write stellar hubs that I love to read. I will have to make some changes to a number of them, I can see.  It makes me wonder, though, how many of them are worth saving.

3. Deborah-Diane profile image84
    Deborah-Dianeposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Au fait.  This was a very helpful answer.  I thought we were allowed one ad per 200 related words.  I am obviously mistaken. I appreciate you for taking the time to answer.

If they only want two sales listings per Hub, why did they buy all those Squidoo articles ... some of which had a dozen ads or more at the time they bought them and were big money makers for both me and Squidoo?  I have really pared the ads down, but it feels hopeless at times.  Some of my Hubs are on groups of biographies I have enjoyed.  I have written a review of each biography in the Hub.  There used to be a dozen books in some of them; now they are down to six ... and they still unfeatured them.  I guess I will just have to delete a lot of content, have a lot of short Hubs here and write my new and better stuff on other sites.  (Sigh)

1. Elsie Hagley profile image70
      Elsie Hagleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very sad about your hubs, but that's the way it is now, true good money was made at Squidoo with articles like this, but Squidoo closed it doors, we need to change so the same thing doesn't happen again.
      I had 240 lens, my hubs are featured 106 left

2. Au fait profile image85
      Au faitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Don't make them too short.  Except for poetry, they like you to have about 1200 words.  I recommend you check how to write a steller hub in the Learning Center.

3. Deborah-Diane profile image84

Elsie Hagley - I am sorry about the number of your old Squidoo lens that are lost .  Only 105 out of 240.  What a shame.  What was Hubpages thinking when they bought Squidoo?

4. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

There can be many reasons, as others have suggested. I noticed a few days ago that I had several  unfeatured for traffic. All of them had last been edited a year ago. So I went in and began doing a quick edit (and giving them a tweet)-- which seemed to get them back to speed fairly quickly. I still have a few to go.

5. JerryFisher profile image91
    JerryFisherposted 8 years ago

I had this problem on a hub of about 5000 words that had been up for about a year and then they suddenly took it down. I wrote to them a few times but didn't get anywhere and then I simply changed the title and it was featured again. I had another with the same problem and tried that trick again but it didn't work with that one. Problem was though that they both rated on the first page on Google and of course I lost that ranking and Amazon income. Worth a shot though.

6. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 8 years ago

Hi Deborah...I had some unfeatured too but I found when I went in and gave them a bit of a face lift they were featured again. Perhaps you could give that a try.
    I know your writings ---your topics are interesting and well written and often contain elements that we can relate to.

Sending you hugs and blessings via the Angels   ps

Thank you so much for your kind words.  I have found that the other writers here are very supportive, and I appreciate all of you so much!

7. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

I had just read one of your hub: How to Grow a Geranium Plant from a Cutting which has 5 amazon capsules and less than 100 words to describe the ads. Maybe try reduce them to 2.

I had trouble with 12 unfeatured hubs over 130 of mine. Then, I reduce the amazon to 2, change the titles and use my own pictures, now my hubs are mostly featured.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will make some changes and, if that doesn't help, just leave them unfeatured.  I'm tired of what seems to have become a game of "Whack-a-Mole" where they get featured and, two months later, unfeatured again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)