jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

The "Editbot" tool: Why it is "show upto x corrections"?

1. Venkatachari M profile image41
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

The "Editbot" tool: Why it is "show upto x corrections"?

It is very ambiguous. "Show up to ....... corrections" means you are asking it to show only some corrections, not all. The language is not correct. Editor using such ambiguous language himself is not to be trusted.
    The wording should be "show the corrections ( x )". The word "up to" should be removed from it and the number of corrections can be shown within brackets.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

That's true, Ven. I have been thinking that same thing. It should edit itself!

1. Venkatachari M profile image41
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, edit itself first and then try to edit our hubs. Thanks for the reply.

3. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Seeing that it is the same subject matter, can I pls put a question about the Editbot?   What is the point of the Editbot when it is pointing to the comments?  Should we be editing that?  I feel that when someone else writes on my page, I should not be editing it.
    What do others think? 
    Another question.  If I agree to the edits, why does the editbot still stay there.  It is annoying.

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is not really changing comments just correcting typos in grammar. There is nothing for us to do as the errors are fixed. Hopefully, the "bots" will go away after a certain time period.

4. Venkatachari M profile image41
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Marie, nice to see you. You can consider Editbot as a language teacher, correcting your grammar. Whether it is your hub content or comments done by others, that is not Editbot botheration. It is simply correcting and letting you know that such and such mistakes have been corrected. If you agree to the corrections, then you need not do anything. If you don't agree, then uncheck the correction. That's all what you can do.
    Regarding the comments corrected, the commenter should be wise enough to understand your helplessness.
    The Editbot should disappear after you approved the comments. But it is not doing so. The Hubpages has already mentioned this fact in other threads and they are trying to do something about it. Till then, we have no option but to bear with their presence.

1. MarieLB profile image83
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Looks you are very well informed V.M.  Thank you for the full explanation.  I am glad to hear that the moon-men are supposed to go back to their moonscape - at least,  in due course.  I am still against tinkering with readers' comments.

working