jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How long did it take you to reach payout for the first time ?

1. batsobob profile image60
    batsobobposted 2 years ago

How long did it take you to reach payout for the first time ?

How long did it take and how many Hubs did you write before you reached the payout threshold for the first time?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

If memory serves I believe it was almost a year and sixty some hubs for the first payout.  I had another payout a year later with twice as many hubs. It has been well over a year since I've seen one now. I keep telling myself that I'm not here for the pennies per day.  I'm here for the exposure, the feedback and the learning experience. It's a great practice platform. If you're looking to make money for your writing, this may not be what you are looking for.

1. batsobob profile image60
      batsobobposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I knew Hubpages didn't pay much but considering the fact you have 186 hubs and over 300 followers, I would've expected you to get paid each month...

3. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I think it took me about 6 months, but that's because I only had a few hubs and didn't really know what I was doing at first.

As soon as I started treating HP like a part-time job (and worked on it daily), I instantly got traffic and a $180 payout (my first payout.)

Since then it's gone up and down depending on how active I am. I've been getting a payout every month for years now, but during long periods of inactivity the drop in traffic is noticeable.

Hubs need to be constantly updated, tweaked, and improved.

working