jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is passive income from Hubpages possible? If so, how do you build it?

1. kbdressman profile image94
    kbdressmanposted 2 years ago

Is passive income from Hubpages possible? If so, how do you build it?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Yes, but possibly limiting with experience and knowledge. I researched this year that. I surveyed using Excel and info at Profiles. My goal was 100 for a sample set. (I was bored not working any longer while as a career was research and data analysis).

A guide I use is No Pressure. Have fun, fun, fun as best as can be :-)

Said in the forums maybe rumor? is some receive generated income enough to pay rent. Me, I hope a payout ($50) twice a year as my goal for next year. This year is my focus is 'starting anew' being here 4 years by examining those with success. My hope is  by reading their Hubs and listening carefully I will learn. I focus more today reading questions Here toward that goal. I listen in the Forums too. (BTW thank you for helping me to achieve that goal today in the fourms :-) Also, is learning to write Better Hubs aimed at those goals.

The Top 100 Hubbers - 1M=25%; 100K=62%; 10K=7% Avg yrs at HP=3.4

All Hubbers with a score of 85 (1,241) - 1M=1%; 100K=11%; 10K=30%; 1K=28%; <1K=21% Avg Yrs at HP=1.8

111 Hubbers with 100K views I stopped looking reaching 100 Avg Yrs=4

108 Hubbers with 1M Views I stopped looking reaching 100 Avg Yrs=5

10 Hubbers with 10M Views I stopped looking with 10 Avg Yrs=7

The Top Ten Hubbers for Mobile Views discovered at Quantcast are 10 listed. 10M=6; 1M=3; 100K=1 Avg Yrs=6

My view is as residual-passive income there is a definite trend it occurs time related. It may not be as quick to achieve views today with all the changes by Google. Their focus today begins with content itself followed by social marketing then SEO principals and techniques. That has affected HP with its newer focus in recent years since about 2012. They do seek our success IMHO with the site structure at HP beginning with the FAQ & Learning Center firstly.

A guide I use is No Pressure. Have fun, fun, fun . . . as best as can be while seeking a goal

1. lawrence01 profile image81
      lawrence01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is encouraging to me as I'm  taking the 'long view' . I didn't achieve my goals for this year but I got a lot further than if I'd had none!

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nice to meet you Lawrence. Me Too! Been here 4+ years. It began 2 yrs as a social with fun, fun, fun and learning writing Creative works. Then a hiatus - 1 yr. Now not working began studing the marketplaces. Now a new beginning.

3. Mel Carriere profile image95
    Mel Carriereposted 2 years ago

It is possible but requires patience, diligence, and a solid social media following.  Find a niche and then go after like minded people on Facebook.  Join Facebook groups of people sharing your same interests.  Gain their trust, and share your work there.  I'm not there yet, but my income is building in encouraging fashion.

4. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I've gotten paid virtually every month for a few years now. If I put more effort into writing lots of hubs, I could eventually pay rent with it. However, I like the few thousand I get each year for doing pretty much nothing. It's like free money at this point. Maybe some day I'll write enough hubs to sustain rent, but generally you need about 200+ quality hubs to be able to get that sort of income here.