jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is there anyway of finding out where most of your views are from?

1. jlpark profile image83
    jlparkposted 23 months ago

Is there anyway of finding out where most of your views are from?

I've just had a hub jump from a handful of views a day to 200 - not much, but awesome for me! I'm just trying to work out where they're coming from (eg where link is being shared etc) to work out how to make it happen more often! I've looked at the stats on the hub, but they don't give the info I want. Any other way of looking deeper into it? (No, I don't want IP addresses etc!)

2. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 23 months ago

Not sure if you looked at your Traffic Sources of the My Account Page or not. There is a link at the top of the page. There you will see your overall traffic sources. For instance HP, Google, Google[au] for Google Australia, Bing, Pinterest, individual Hubbers, facebook, website domains, and etc.

For instance once I had a Hub on Aspartame that received a giant leap in traffic (For me similar to yours) and it arrived from one particular Website. It was posted in one of the forums.

Remember social sharing is not backlinking. The URL is posted and shared bringing views. For instance the link shared at that site for a Forum post is a backlink, but it is only one. Anyway, there may be a big boost in traffic if someone tweets at Twitter, pins at Pinterest, or shares at Facebook. Some of my Poems get mediocre traffic from Facebook with short surges.

The only way I know how to find out if your Hub has inbound links is with a tool bar or analyzer provided by a website. Some examples are Moz.com , SEMrush Intelligence, Majestic or others. Usually they are a subscription service, but some provide a free trial service.

jlparkposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Tim. I'll look into it.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image64
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 23 months ago

In your account section  "click" on traffic sources"

jlparkposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Done that. Doesn't give me what I'm looking for. Thanks though.

working