FIXED: HP share of earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

I know we share earnings with HP on a 60/40 basis, but why have I not had a single Adsense view from HP in the last 6 hours?

According to Analytics, I'm getting healthy viewing figures, but Adsense hasn't moved.

Every hub I look at has HP's coding on it.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this
      1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually no it isn't, but thanks for trying anyway Matthew.

To recap, Adsense views/impressions did not move on my account for at least 6 hours. This happened almost 24 hours ago.

I expect to see a difference between Analytics and Adsense because Analytics shows all the views, and Adsense only shows impressions when my Adsense account is active.

I'm not arguing about views versus impressions. I know they are different.

They are not, and never were, the problem.

The problem was that my Adsense account showed no new page views for a 6 hour period.

Anyway, it is resolved now, but I bet a few hubbers are noticing a difference which is probably why you are seeing threads about it. Only those of us online during the problem period can possibly have any idea of what happened.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you still seeing this issue?
      If so, please let me know and I can do some additional research.

1. IzzyM profile image85

No, Matthew, the issue resolved shortly after I posted.

It was 8 days ago now! But there was some problem that night.

It might have been an Adsense issue (as they have had some problems since then), and not Hubpages at all.

Thanks for responding smile

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

My views have remained frozen since 1:00 pm today. It seems to be yet another glitch.........hmm

1. IzzyM profile image85

What time zone are you? Was 1pm your time about 6 hours ago?

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image78

Florida, so it was around 4:00 pm

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

Oh well, right after I posted this thread, my stats started moving again, but the damage is done.

Analytics shows me I had views 4 times more than what is shown on Adsense. That means I lost all those potential Amazon sales too.

I hope HP needed it more than I did.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just found this thread, but I caught the frozen adsense a while ago.  I assumed it was adsense, not HP as HP numbers were changing.

I suddenly got some 400 views in adsense added in, followed in a bit by another 200.  No clicks, but I usually don't see any anyway, so I don't know if I lost actual income or not.  (900 for the day to put those numbers in perspective).

Why would that have anything to do with Amazon whether adsense or HP?  Unless you think HP put their code on everything that came in?  Doesn't look like it...

1. IzzyM profile image85

Mine seem to be normal this morning, and last night's have caught up quite a bit - maybe even totally.

I guess it could have been an Adsense glitch. Hard to tell as we see all of our HP views anyway on stats. It is only on Adsense that we see that 60/40 split.

All I saw was HP's adsense and Amazon code on my hubs whenever I looked, but I have no idea if they were there all the time or not. I assumed they were, seeing as Adsense wasn't moving.

Oh well, it is sorted today, I hope.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image78

I just got 4 views in the last 3 minutes, so according to Analitics I am missing about 890.................hmm

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who are they catering too? Now we have to take off all our RSS feeds. I customized them and believe they brought me traffic, because I write in several genres. It seems anything to benefit hubbers is being taken away.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought they did, too, but when I took them all out (something like 200 RSS capsules with 4-6 links each) there was no drop in traffic.  In fact traffic from my own subdomain has gone up over time to the point it is second only to google dot com.

I decided some time ago that all those hundreds and hundreds of links weren't actually doing much at all.

6. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

I'm getting views but no real understanding of how we get anywhere here. It's like we're being worked against. I have more views on one post at Blogger than in three days here. It's got to stop.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)