How do I undo this "Hubpro" rubbish? Why did they destroy my Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. cfin profile image82
    cfinposted 2 years ago

How do I undo this "Hubpro" rubbish? Why did they destroy my Hub?

I logged on to Hubpages today to find that Hubpages has decided to "select" me to destroy my hub. One of it's staff went in and removed half of my hub and for what? In their almighty knowledge, it has resulted in my best performing hub being destroyed and it's views being cut in half. They removed links to other hubs in the same series and any amazon links. How do I undo these changes, or is this just some kind of late April Fools joke? Hubpro seems to be an excuse to be control freaks!! I'm extremely offended and very close to quitting this mess of a site after many years.

2. Discordzrocks profile image79
    Discordzrocksposted 2 years ago

Maybe you made a hub with barely any pictures and 300 words, if not, this is unheard of.

1. cfin profile image82
      cfinposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I made a hub with 8+ pictures, 2 amazon segments and more words before than after the "hubpro" butchered it.

2. Discordzrocks profile image79
      Discordzrocksposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thats weird man

3. emge profile image69
    emgeposted 2 years ago

I really cannot comment on it as such a thing has not happened and sort of looks weird. One thing I have observed is number of articles are going down in hub pages. There seems to be some struggle around the corner. Maybe this amputation of your hub is a result of that.

4. Annsalo profile image84
    Annsaloposted 2 years ago

First of all, you had/have the right to opt out of HubPro and you chose not to. So I suggest if you don't want them doing this to any other hub then opt out in the Edit My Profile section under the Account Settings tab.
    Secondly without seeing what the article is it is hard to form an opinion on if the changes were truly bad.
    Third, many articles that may be moved over to one of the new niche sites are having amazon links removed. The explanation is that the ad is not an identical match to the articles.
    Fourth, is it possible the text taken out went off topic or didn't fit in with the rest of the article? Just a thought.
    Fifth, are you aware that they send you an email when they do this and you have the ability to change back anything that you don't like changes on right? The email they send lets you easily see both the before and after so you can fix it back to the way it was if that is what your prefer. Just click the email and follow the link. You should be able to correct it back to the way it was before in a matter of minutes. Also you should always keep back ups of your articles somewhere else. Then you could just copy and paste things back together.

I'm not knocking your opinion on the way it was edited, just making sure you understand what you have the ability to do to fix it. Also I have to add that if this bothers or offends you maybe you should consider running your on site. That way you will have total control of your content and won't have to go by the expectations of the professional editors here.
    I've had a couple articles edited in HubPro with only minimal disappointments. Some have had horrible experiences with it. I guess I lucked up. I suggest if you continue here, you may want to opt out so you don't have further issues.

1. cfin profile image82

1. Not according to the policy, 2. My opinion is that the changes were negative and that's what matters as its my article. Views also dropped by more than 50%. 3. It was moved to a niche site. 4. No. 5. I should have to c & p. They are supposed t

2. Annsalo profile image84
      Annsaloposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What is not according to policy? I just looked when I answered this and there is a spot to opt out of hubpro in the edit profile section. This has been in play for over a year. It sounds like ur fed up. Lots of writers do better on their own sites.

3. cfin profile image82

I had opted out of hubpro. They edited and moved it. Even changed the title. It sometimes pulled in a few hundred views a day. Currently it's at 17. They even butchered the name and cut out my links to other, linked hubs in the same series.

4. Annsalo profile image84

Wow! I don't think I have ever heard of that much being changed. However it was kind of expected our views would drop a bit when moved to niche sites, but that is a significant drop. I'd go to forum and ask for answers from staff.

5. cfin profile image82

I already send an email. I was pretty annoyed. I have over 225,000 views on hubpages and it makes me happy that it used to cater to all my writing areas. Now I am left with no choice but to leave, it would seem.

6. Annsalo profile image84

I can understand your frustration. I have 3 account here, but now I prefer my own site where I don't have to deal with their constant changes. This site has become my hobby while my site is where articles with effort and time go. Good Luck!

7. Discordzrocks profile image79

Maybe its because you copied information from another site, causing them to shut down your hub.

8. cfin profile image82

Gavin, that's simply offensive. Research libel. I did not infringe copywrite. The hub is still active. They just messed it up and moved it to one of the new sites.

9. Discordzrocks profile image79

im sorry

10. ptosis profile image73
      ptosisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info. just edited my account setting to 'No" on hubPro

5. SheilaMilne profile image95
    SheilaMilneposted 2 years ago

They will be wanting to move it over to one of the new niche sites, or maybe they already have.  All hubs moved to the new sites are subject to "snipping" and editing.

Not that I've experienced it, nor am I likely to.

1. cfin profile image82

Indeed Shelia. This is the case. But half my hub and title have been "snipped" and the views have plummeted even further. It was a very consistent hub before. Very unfortunate!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)