jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Is it just me or?

1. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Is anyone else getting spammy link after link on their hubs? I'm about sick of chasing up dropped links abut ugg boots. I'm going to sell my own thanks neutral

Oh and how many more hubbers are going to 'follow' me and ask I return the favor? Please - stop it. Read hubbers work because you like what they do.

You don't have to become a fan of anyone. It's ok to just read and wander off elsewhere around the site smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

good one, and youve got 100 congrats FD, I always received those ugg boots delete is my answer,

2. shazwellyn profile image44
      shazwellynposted 7 years agoin reply to this

they think you need warm feet Froggy! lol

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I don't get them lol

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

no uggs on my hubs.
    i havent been getting comment notifications either.
    i HAVE gotten...im your fan, please be mine, comments. blech

1. Ivorwen profile image74
      Ivorwenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can change the comment notification on by editing your profile settings, through 'my account.' 

Oh, and I have been having the spam show up between comments that I have approved, days later.  How are they sneaking it in?

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 7 years ago

Just buy a pair, may be they will stop.

5. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

lol guys - I already have some. I remeber seeing a post somewhere about one of our hubbers thinking they're not so cool on women - uggs that is.

I love mine. I don't care if my feet look stolen from a grizzly. They're warm smile

And those links - I keep trawling round and round my hubs and fidning them. Pain in the shuck end, so they are neutral

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years agoin reply to this

at least your feet are warm smile

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

i don't know how they manage to escape Hubpages' notification of their comments, but they do. many times their ads, i mean ads with long lists of boots, descriptions and prices will be sitting there on my hubs for a couple of weeks until i stumble onto it by chance. they are very clever, these spammers yikes

6. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I really don't like that either, 'now follow me back' requests tongue good grief, bossy or what? hmm lol lol

7. waynet profile image78
    waynetposted 7 years ago

The best thing to do is to flag it as spam and then delete it, it helps to make the system know about the frequent spammers!

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Me too FD. Tired of it. Also saw a few pop ups recently.

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

i do that all the time. they just create a new account and start all over again neutral

1. waynet profile image78
      waynetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aha! then there's only one other course of action...a public hanging of the spammers!

10. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

hee hee big_smile

working