jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should Hubpages need to get our permission before moving hubs to the new niche s

1. RJ Schwartz profile image93
    RJ Schwartzposted 23 months ago

Should Hubpages need to get our permission before moving hubs to the new niche sites?

I'm sick of my content being moved to niche sites where I'm forced to log into again just to respond to my comments.  What compensation are Hubbers getting for driving traffic to these new sites?  Feels like we're getting used and our value as writers cherry picked.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13032703_f260.jpg

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 23 months ago

I see your point, Ralph. I have only had two hubs move and they do seem to have attracted a boost in traffic since although my earnings don't seem to have increased.
    The problem I have, apart from having to sign in each time, is that other hubs in a series weren't moved. I think if you want them to move back all you have to do is add an Amazon or eBay capsule, or replace anything that was snipped. I am open to mine being moved but so far they don't seem to appeal to those who choose, though they seem to be mostly selecting "recently published" hubs first.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

I've actually seen an uptick in views when articles are moved to niche sites.
    I do wish they'd streamline the login so that you can log into hubpages and then visit those sites seamlessly.

4. annart profile image87
    annartposted 23 months ago

I agree with you.  Those hubs are our work, our property, our copyright and we've written them for the original site, not others.  I would like proper notification and a chance to say no, but then HP are making money out of us aren't they?  I didn't even know we had to sign in separately and I don't think any of mine have been moved.  Edited, but not moved.  I've now vetoed being edited!

Closed to reply

working