jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does one have to apply every year for renewal of one's Google AdSense account?

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 21 months ago

Does one have to apply every year for renewal of one's Google AdSense account?

I received an email and it stated that I need to sign into my Google AdSense account in order to be paid and that I need to sign in before August 16, 2016 or any earnings will go to the government.  I went under my account and checked my earnings and noticed I haven't been paid when I am over the threshold for the past couple of months.  I checked under Google Adsense and it says I was approved back in 2013.  Do you have to apply every year?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13038620_f260.jpg

2. carolynkaye profile image98
    carolynkayeposted 21 months ago

It sounds like a phishing type of email IMO. Google wouldn't send your earnings to the government. If your account goes over $100, then you should get paid that money around the 21st of the month as long as you have a payment method selected (like your bank account or check with your address on file) and have provided your tax-ID or SS#. I would login to your Adsense account directly and see if there's a message on there about needing to update your information. If you haven't listed a payment method or provided your tax-ID information yet, that could hold up your payment, but I wouldn't click on email links asking for personal info like this.

Faith Reaperposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, carolynkaye, It does sound a bit odd.  I have received payments before from HP, but haven't here of late, so was wondering if I did need to do something.  I will click on the email!  Thank you!

3. Venkatachari M profile image53
    Venkatachari Mposted 21 months ago

You need to sign into the Adsense account to view your balances periodically and then opt or accept for payment in the payment method that is agreed upon by you at the time of opening the account with them. I think they will be paying only when you opt for it. Otherwise, they may keep it pending and if you do not claim it within a certain period, they may transfer it into unclaimed payments. Normally this is what happens with any type of payment.

Faith Reaperposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Hi Ven,  oh, okay, I will do that!  Didn't realize all of this, so thank you for the information.

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months ago

Faith, my beautiful friend, I have had AdSense for four and a half years and have not renewed my account. 
    Right click on the e-mail, at the very top are to tabs one says [General] the other says [Details]  click on details and it will tell you who sent the e-mail and their i.p. address.
    I hope this helps.

working