jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Should you stick to one topic for your hubs or is mixing up the theme and conten

1. Thomasbell32 profile image83
    Thomasbell32posted 20 months ago

Should you stick to one topic for your hubs or is mixing up the theme and content advisable?

I'm interested to know if users have had more success with Hubpages when they stick to one topic or niche when it comes to their hubs or does it not seem to make much difference?

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 20 months ago

I would mix it up. My hubs are relatively limited to a few topics because of my knowledge of those subjects.  However, my readership is not exactly off the charts. But I'm not in AdSense or looking to make $$.

So I would say not only mix it up, but find which topics/keywords are the hottest.  From my experience, politics (Trump & Race), religion and recipes appear to get the most traffic.  Also, use social media for promotion.

There are some great writers here who I would recommend, not only for good reading but on how to write a great hub.  Good hubs are pretty easy to spot.  Good luck.

1. Tusitala Tom profile image61
      Tusitala Tomposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you CJ.  There are some excellent writers using Hubpages.  But I would generalize and say that there are millions of good writers in the world, so the person expecting to make big money out of writing is the proverbial optimist.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 20 months ago

My Hubs cover a very wide spectrum of subject matter.  Though I have written a lot on two particular subjects: public speaking and storytelling, and non-religious spirituality.

I have written and placed 340 Hubs but you know Hubpages - they show only around a quarter of them for some reason or another...and it has nothing to do with quality.   They're all well written and carry in-depth information.

No point in being grumpy.  It's a place to write where you will get readers.   And as for getting money from my writings, I don't even bother.

4. tamarawilhite profile image94
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

I write on everything from frugal living to technical topics to fiction. Some of the niched technical Hubs do well, some of the researched topics suggested by Hubpages do well.
    I write what I know, but also what I research, in order to diversify my potential income base.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 20 months ago

multiple topic, one single topic would bored your readers, try different topics that majority are keen, green topics

working