jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

How to choose best answer?

1. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 17 months ago

How to choose best answer?

The problem is that I have received so many good answers to the question I posed about Donald Trump & why Republicans seem to ignore his many negatives. I'm wondering why it isn't possible to choose more than one answer as best answer & let the authors of those 2 or more best answers share the limelight, so to speak. 

Further, why can't there be a 2nd & 3rd best answer, or even some honorable mentions? 

What do my fellow hubbers think about this?  Do you agree that it would be nice to have more designations for good answers so that more people get credit when they give a good answer?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13179084_f260.jpg

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 17 months ago

Au fait,  Yes, it can be difficult to choose Best answer when several of our fellow-writers submit equally excellent responses..I'd guess we've all faced this dilemma at least once.
    As it is, we can choose only one but can always create our own system for (as you suggested) "honorary mention."   Just by adding a final brief comment to a member under their original answer. Perhaps by saying precisely that...."Your answer is great & deserves Honorable Mention !" 
    Whatever works, right?  LOL

Au faitposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I was hoping that if enough hubbers agreed, the powers that be might expand on the possibilities.  You see, we do earn a slight amount on questions that are popular, and the person who gets best answer gets a little more than the others who respond.

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 17 months agoin reply to this

That's all  news to me!  So, instead of 3 cents it's 4??  LOL  Wow.

3. Au fait profile image94

Was just now reading up on earnings from Q&A.  Questioner receives some earnings but not clear if people who respond do or not.  Haven't got that far, but I did hear a few months ago that they did, and best answerer supposedly got a tiny bit more

4. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

There can be many great responses and I have felt challenged to put best answer. Maybe choosing our own system as you suggested Paula could be the way to go. Food for thought...

5. Au fait profile image94

ThreeKeys, currently only one person can receive credit for the best answer.  Nothing I say in compliments will add to their accolades or their earnings.  I hoped other hubbers might like to see expanded options also.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 17 months ago

I sympathize.  I recently had a question that got a lot of attention and picked a best answer by mistake.  It was only a mistake because there were many good answers.  But I couldn't change it.  I think we should have the option to change it because you never know how much participation you are going to get.  Actually my choice is not to rate the answers because that is such a subjective thing.

The reason picking a best answer is important (IMHO) is because that person will receive a slightly larger part of the income the question generates, plus they will get an accolade for having best answer if they achieve that 10 or more times.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image98
    Sherry Hewinsposted 17 months ago

Most people pick a best answer that most closely matches their own opinion on the topic.

You should have read the entire question.

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image82
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months ago

Au fait, I too would like to see not only "BEST" but also 2nd and 3rd, because I know what question you are referring to. It is not only difficult to answer but next to impossible. 

HubPages I am requesting that you have '3' choices for the answers to questions. Please take this into consideration.
    1. Best
    2. Very Good
    3. Good

Thank you Shyron!  Clear from other answers no one else read the entire question.  With so many people continually shooting from the hip, is it any wonder our world is so screwed up?

6. firstcookbooklady profile image85
    firstcookbookladyposted 17 months ago

Well... this year, there really seems to be no right answer. Many may choose to vote for the little black line down below the voting boxes.

working