How to choose best answer?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Au fait profile image84
    Au faitposted 7 years ago

How to choose best answer?

The problem is that I have received so many good answers to the question I posed about Donald Trump & why Republicans seem to ignore his many negatives. I'm wondering why it isn't possible to choose more than one answer as best answer & let the authors of those 2 or more best answers share the limelight, so to speak. 

Further, why can't there be a 2nd & 3rd best answer, or even some honorable mentions? 

What do my fellow hubbers think about this?  Do you agree that it would be nice to have more designations for good answers so that more people get credit when they give a good answer?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13179084_f260.jpg

2. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 7 years ago

Au fait,  Yes, it can be difficult to choose Best answer when several of our fellow-writers submit equally excellent responses..I'd guess we've all faced this dilemma at least once.
    As it is, we can choose only one but can always create our own system for (as you suggested) "honorary mention."   Just by adding a final brief comment to a member under their original answer. Perhaps by saying precisely that...."Your answer is great & deserves Honorable Mention !" 
    Whatever works, right?  LOL

Au faitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was hoping that if enough hubbers agreed, the powers that be might expand on the possibilities.  You see, we do earn a slight amount on questions that are popular, and the person who gets best answer gets a little more than the others who respond.

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's all  news to me!  So, instead of 3 cents it's 4??  LOL  Wow.

3. Au fait profile image84

Was just now reading up on earnings from Q&A.  Questioner receives some earnings but not clear if people who respond do or not.  Haven't got that far, but I did hear a few months ago that they did, and best answerer supposedly got a tiny bit more

4. profile image0
      threekeysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There can be many great responses and I have felt challenged to put best answer. Maybe choosing our own system as you suggested Paula could be the way to go. Food for thought...

5. Au fait profile image84

ThreeKeys, currently only one person can receive credit for the best answer.  Nothing I say in compliments will add to their accolades or their earnings.  I hoped other hubbers might like to see expanded options also.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

I sympathize.  I recently had a question that got a lot of attention and picked a best answer by mistake.  It was only a mistake because there were many good answers.  But I couldn't change it.  I think we should have the option to change it because you never know how much participation you are going to get.  Actually my choice is not to rate the answers because that is such a subjective thing.

The reason picking a best answer is important (IMHO) is because that person will receive a slightly larger part of the income the question generates, plus they will get an accolade for having best answer if they achieve that 10 or more times.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years ago

Most people pick a best answer that most closely matches their own opinion on the topic.

You should have read the entire question.

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

Au fait, I too would like to see not only "BEST" but also 2nd and 3rd, because I know what question you are referring to. It is not only difficult to answer but next to impossible. 

HubPages I am requesting that you have '3' choices for the answers to questions. Please take this into consideration.
    1. Best
    2. Very Good
    3. Good

Thank you Shyron!  Clear from other answers no one else read the entire question.  With so many people continually shooting from the hip, is it any wonder our world is so screwed up?

6. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 7 years ago

Well... this year, there really seems to be no right answer. Many may choose to vote for the little black line down below the voting boxes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)