jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do most Hubbers not choose a "Best Answer" to their questions?

1. NC4Life078 profile image88
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

Why do most Hubbers not choose a "Best Answer" to their questions?

I see a trend with hubbers that don't select "Best Answer". Why do you think they never select one? Does it irk you when you go out of your way to answer their questions and they don't bother replying or leaving "Feedback"?

2. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Usually I have several really good answers and it is hard to pick a "best". There are so many different points of view that are very interesting. I enjoy feedback, but I guess sometimes the hubber is looking for a certain answer and when they get it they no longer follow the question.???

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Often I find myself unable to choose a best answer outright as all of them deserve some merit. It depends on the question too - if it's a factual answer I'm looking for I'll give best answer but sometimes for other more involved or open ended questions it's too difficult!

Having said all that I find I've given best answers to most of the questions I've asked! I'm glad because choosing a best answer shows that the questioner has looked through all of the responses and not simply waited for the numbers to increase, which is what I suspect many question posers do!

4. Icematikx profile image59
    Icematikxposted 5 years ago

Because the people asking the questions usually read it and leave!

5. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

Not sure any comment, good or bad or "correctional" (or lack of)  irk me I think it's just too hard for most of us to pick a "best answer" -- Seriously, answers run the gamut and how often may one easily select a "best" when so many are "best" in different ways? Or am I misunderstanding you? Really like chef-de-jour's comment. Makes me think.

6. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I usually like to pick a best answer to a question, but sometimes that's impossible. If, for example, you pose a question asking for some advice about a feature on Hubpages and several people answer saying pretty much the same thing - how are you supposed to choose which one is the best? In that case I like to just post a comment myself thanking everyone who answered for their help.

working