Is HP an echo chamber?

1. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 18 months ago

Is HP an echo chamber?

Readers tend to share news they agree with people who also share that likewise worldview, who then share it again amongst the same group of friends. Here at HP, answers the questioner doesn't like  can be deleted. Echo Chambers can make us narrow-minded & hide what is reality reducing understanding between people.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13217771_f260.jpg

2. beagrie profile image98
    beagrieposted 18 months ago

I didn't realise the asker could delete unwanted answers (I'm very new here). I have noticed a lot of the questions are leading. "Why do people not see Trump is a liar?", "Why don't people realise Clinton should be in prison?", etc.

In my opinion it's a symptom of participation trophy culture. We have a whole generation(s), including mine, brought up being told it's the taking part that counts and we're all special flowers and so on. And these people get on the Internet which, let's be honest, has a lot of unpleasant stuff on it, and immediately set about shutting out the stuff they don't want to see.

Where it gets harmful is when people take a stance on a political or societal issue and treat opposing viewpoints as though they're some kind of unholy demon.

1. ptosis profile image75
      ptosisposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer.  I never delete answers, I figure that the trolling is self evident. I only delete advertisements.

working