jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do we get paid for writing articles? And how much per article?

1. profile image56
    Skye Anaillaposted 17 months ago

Do we get paid for writing articles? And how much per article?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 17 months ago

You don't get paid "per article." You have to sign up for advertising programs (Google AdSense, the Amazon Associates Program, the HubPages ads program) which then place ads on the articles you post. You earn money based on the # of page views/ad clicks your articles get.

...so in other words, unless you have Ninja level SEO skills and can bring in thousands of hits per post, you're gonna make beer money here, at best.

Just sayin'.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 17 months ago

Everything Keith said was true. But to put a much more positive touch to it, there is no limit to the amount of money an article can make.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

There is no payment per article. It is a fraction of a penny per web page view.

5. walmart cher profile image61
    walmart cherposted 16 months ago

i assume you want to know what the average per article is.  only hp management knows that number. i personally know one hubber who makes payout every month with about 50 hubs.  she doesn't use social media to promote her hubs.  her traffic is purely from search engines.  i believe she is on the more successful end of the spectrum, but you won't see her on the forums acting like a know it all.
    the two main things she has going for her are the age of her hubs (she's been here about 6 years) and good topics.  she writes about things that people are searching for but don't have a ton of competition. with the niche sites, i believe even a new writer can start seeing non-disappointing monthly income if they consistently write hubs that are selected for niche sites and choose topics wisely.  it might take a year before the beer money becomes beer and pizza money. older hubs simply make more money. 
    the only way to know for sure is to start writing and see for yourself.

working