jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do Hubbers Still Use Amazon Capsules? Are the new rules changing the way you wri

1. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 12 months ago

Do Hubbers Still Use Amazon Capsules? Are the new rules changing the way you write?

Just curious to know what others are doing. I think I will be using the Amazon Capsules very judiciously from now on, but I will have to step back and evaluate the effectiveness to decide how it fits in to my writing life.

2. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 12 months ago

Agreed, being careful with them is wise. There is more scrutiny because if used improperly or too many they are considered 'Spammy Elements'. That will prevent an article from being Featured and receive a low Hub score.

However, I am not an expert by any means what so ever. I use them very seldom. That is because a capsule is to be directly related to the article and is to have a recommendation for that specific product. Or, at least that is what I have read. Also, there is a trend away from capsules and is suggested to use an Amazon link. Some say yes and some say no.

More can be learned at the Forums than here in the Q&A. There Hubbers can be found with much more experience and knowledge used successfully than I have. I would GoTo the forums and post at Getting Help from the HubPages Community seen at the left of the Default arrival page. Post asking for advice and maybe briefly give an example of two how you use them. 

Here is a link to that Forum discussion area: http://hubpages.com/forum/category/2879

I hope that helps . . .

Nancy Owensposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for this thoughtful response to my question. I was away for way too long, and of course, everything changed again, Lol. I tend to get lost in the forums, which is probably a good reason for me to spend more time there. Thanks again, Nancy

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 11 months ago

I've stopped using Amazon capsules entirely and reduced the number of external links, even when relevant or cited in the article, because it hurts my hub score or even prevents it from being featured.

Nancy Owensposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Ahhh... Yes, Tamara, it does seem to be more complicated than it used to be.

working