jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you research for Niche's or your gut response to the question; What are my pa

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 12 months ago

Do you research for Niche's or your gut response to the question; What are my passions?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 12 months ago

I write about whatever I feel like writin' about. If it gets picked for a niche site, cool and fruity. If not, oh well, it can cool its heels on HubPages proper and I'll try again with something else.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image92
    Terrielynn1posted 12 months ago

I write under both. Usually the ones I can relate to or experience from. Passion has to come from you, it wouldn't be your passion if was researched that's writing about another's passions. When it's a topic like being prepared before going to a dealer to purchase a car. It would be a combination of the 2. You need your own passion from your experience and research to show the facts of what your saying.

4. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 11 months ago

Alright, I heard something about Amazon and something else recently about REO and now this. I guess it is time I starting caring. Then again maybe not. My niche ain't one.

1. Terrielynn1 profile image92
      Terrielynn1posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Eric does that mean all your sermons aren't a passion? I would be very disappointed if there not. What better thing to be passionate about then your faith.

2. Ericdierker profile image57
      Ericdierkerposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Terrie, pretty close to the opposite. I do not do any of the above. Thinking maybe I should. If I could compartmentalize the passion and the marketing -- maybe. But I have not tried it yet.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 11 months ago

Science fiction and horror are my passions. I have written several books, and I have several dozen short story hubs on Hubpages.
    Technical writing pays the bills, and that is the bulk of my Hubs, too. They also generate more of my Hubpages revenue.

working