jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Bad taste to link to my Hub in an A-to-Q or A-to-Q-comment?

1. profile image76
    Joel Lantzposted 10 months ago

Bad taste to link to my Hub in an A-to-Q or A-to-Q-comment?

From other discussions I gather that it's generally considered bad taste to link in a comment on someone else's **HUB*** to one of my Hubs. But what about linking to my Hub in an A-to-Q or comment in response to a ***QUESTION***?

For example, consider the following scenario:
    •    The space for my A-to-Q  or A-to-Q-comment is inadequate to convey/support my desired input to the discussion.
    •    But I HAVE adequately conveyed/supported my desired input in one of my Hubs.
    Is it unacceptable to link to that Hub?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 10 months ago

I wouldn't link to a Hub, but I might mention after I wrote a brief answer that I also wrote a Hub about the topic.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image92
    Terrielynn1posted 10 months ago

The best way to put this is, you need to go read the forums. We are not suppose to post hub links in comment boxes. The forums give lots of good answers to many hubs do and dont's.

1. profile image76
      Joel Lantzposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Surprised to hear such unequivocal answers.  Hub comments are UNsolicited. Hub answers are SOLICITED, and one would think that questioners would like answer links. 

E.g. if you linked to a Hub that you wrote on this Q I'd consider that desirable.

2. Terrielynn1 profile image92
      Terrielynn1posted 10 months agoin reply to this

Hub pages has rules, theirs not mine. That's way I directed you to the forums.

3. profile image76
      Joel Lantzposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Will try again to find the specific forum(s) you allude to. Spent *considerable* time *unsuccessfully* trying to find one that addressed links in ***Q&A*** answers (vs.  in Hub comments)--- *before* asking this Q. Only found answers for HUBS.

working