jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Am I profiling? Or is something going on with new followers?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image95
    Don Bobbittposted 9 months ago

Am I profiling? Or is something going on with new followers?

I am seeing numerous new followers with Indian sounding names, with no contributed hubs or profiles who will show up following 5-6 or more topics. One after the other are filling up my feed? Is this some new scheme? DON

2. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 9 months ago

I've noticed it too. I've also noticed that many of them are continually asking for "feedback" on supposed hubs they created. Still, a majority of them are clogging up the discussions with general of vague questions. It's possible that it's a scheme; in fact, one thought that came to mind was that there was a large group who posted crappy articles and comments on Bubblews (Yeah, I know people posting crap on Bubblews is not news) in an attempt to get as many clicks and followers on that site (before that site started stiffing its users, they had very generous payouts).

Don't know if they are trying to pull the same stunt here. But, I'm wary of their actions.

3. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 9 months ago

I'm seeing a lot of them, too. However, we do have some very nice, legitimate and good writers with Indian sounding names, well, three or four anyway on HP that I follow and respect. There is one new guy in particular though who always poses his questions to reflect the U.S. in a bad light. Something in the style of "do you still beat your wife?" I called him out on one of them, but I don't think I'll bother with him any more.

4. Don Bobbitt profile image95
    Don Bobbittposted 9 months ago

Just noticed, all of them are following the same 4 categories including Honeymoon Trips and Singles travel. It has to be some kind of scam to direct traffic, I am thinking.
    DON

working