How do you feel about temporary accolades?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 7 months ago

How do you feel about temporary accolades?

Some aren't aware that some accolades (our proudly-earned profile badges) are temporary and may be removed. See the link below for the list. I can understand the logic to an extent, but on the other hand, Hubbers can and do feel cheated when their accolades are removed.

In my case, it's the red commenting accolade that most irks me, as it seems to focus on how often you insert comments instead of the percentage of those you reply to and the quality of your insights. We shouldn't let our accolades define us, but Hubbers never like these cases. Thoughts?

http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades/

2. tomsmithnow profile image86
    tomsmithnowposted 7 months ago

I didn't even realize that some accolades were temporary. I don't like that they can be removed either. I understand how that would irk you especially with the points you made about not focusing on the percentage you reply on and the quality of your comments. Seems to me, all accolades should be permanent. That makes more sense to me.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image96
      Jeremy Gillposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Many Hubbers don't realize it. I know accolades aren't the main focus of HubPages, but the fact that some you earn could be taken away gives less incentive to participate in the community.

working