jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Can I write TIPS OF THE DAY?

1. writewanda profile image47
    writewandaposted 9 years ago

Can I write tips of the day and erase the content but leave the name, or would this hurt my rating by erasing something everyday? Maybe this is just better left for my blog?? Do ya'll have any suggestions for a good free blog site that is easy to use?

2. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Sounds like something better done as a blog, if it's short and you want it to change every day.

Blogger.com is free, and Google loves it because Google owns it, so you have a good chance of getting indexed quickly.

3. writewanda profile image47

Thank you, I will look into that!

4. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

I'm not sure why you would ever want to erase content.  If you do begin a blog to this effect, better to post them in series.

writewandaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Maddie. I have been trying to figure out all the links and affiliates and all. It could give a girl a headache! I do appreciate you answering the forum. I have read, and read, and read and one of your answers about posting links was what started me understanding. I think I got just about everything linked and set up for the affiliates correctly now... although I am not showing any earnings yet. I also have a blog now. Please drop by and tell me what you think.... but only if you like it. <tee-hee>

5. elisabeth reid profile image59
    elisabeth reidposted 9 years ago

I don't think that's such a bad idea at all...but I wouldn't delete the content every day.  It could become a useful resource and, if you deleted content that would take away that advantage. 

Write away!

Thanks Elisabeth, I have already set up my blog, but I think your right. I think I should post on Hub pages also. Thanks for the input!

6. seamus profile image51
    seamusposted 9 years ago

What about writing a bunch of different hubs with different tips?

I guess I could do __________ Tips of the day #1,2,3.. and so on. The only thing is they will all be about the same subject.

7. Bonnie Ramsey profile image84
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago

Also, if you post it on your blog and then HP, it could gat flagged as dupe. What do you guys think?
    Bonnie

1. Inspirepub profile image81
      Inspirepubposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Paraphrasing is your friend.

Use dupecop.com to test how different your new version is from the original.

Jenny

8. writewanda profile image47

I have posted my first Feng Shui tip of the day. It is also on my blog, only a little different. Really the only thing that will be completely different is the date after tip of the day. What do ya'll think? Should I take it off one or the other?

1. Inspirepub profile image81
      Inspirepubposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I would advise that you reword it, or your Hub will have a very low score.

Use Dupecop, and get it 40% or more different from the original.

Jenny

P.S. Thanks, Bonnie, although I can't take credit for the name - it wasn't my idea ... lol

9. Bonnie Ramsey profile image84
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Jenny!

BTW, I love your name. It just happens to be my youngest daughter's name!
    When I first joined HP, I posted several of my articles, which had been well indexed in the search engines by then and I had no idea that it would be a bad thing. While I haven't had them banned or anything (I guess because they are my originals), the hub scores are really low. I left them up, though and I see them bounce up every now and then lol. Now that I know better, I try to be sure that if I amm going to publish them, I give them some time on HP first! smile

Bonnie

10. writewanda profile image47

Thanks for all ya'lls advice, and I hate to beat a dead horse but.... If it is all MY content why would it pick up something on MY blog as dupe? I even copied my profile. Is that O.K., or will THAT lower my overall score?

working