jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Editing old hubs, may lead them to unfeatured status. Are you editing hubs as su

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 months ago

Editing old hubs, may lead them to unfeatured status. Are you editing hubs as suggested?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 months ago

I've edited a whole bunch of my Hubs lately and none have been unfeatured, so I must be doin' something right.

1. Venkatachari M profile image43
      Venkatachari Mposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Congrats on that, Keith. You are doing it smartly.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image55
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Keith Abt for answering! Two of the hubs, which I had edited were unfestured. But now they have been featured. They removed some links. Thank You!

3. Venkatachari M profile image43
    Venkatachari Mposted 4 months ago

Yes, I am editing. Till now, in these two days after seeing the message to change all capsules into full width, I edited two hubs.

One got featured again immediately(I mean maintaining the status quo) but the other had a message saying it contained some spam links. It was the Amazon capsule in my opinion placed by me without any description. So, I removed that capsule. Now, it is also featured.

It is true that you can risk defeaturing while editing the old hubs. But, be careful and check in all respects before clicking the "Done Editing" button. I have to change as many as 15 more hubs having right floated capsules.

Thank You Venkatachari Ji for responding to the question! Editing so many hubs, is too much work. But we have to do so. I am more worried for the older ones. Too many changes, sometimes affect the views as well. Anyway, all the best to you too.

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 4 months ago

Rarely. But I need to. Just have too many right now. In my case, it will lead to them being featured, I feel, as I know so much more about photos, for example. Some need a little trimming with words or addition of words. Hub Pages can be so strict!

If they are featured. Why edit? Perhaps you may inadvertently include something that they removed before. So make sure that you are confident in your changes and all should be well.

Thanks Manatita for your response! Even I have to edit some of my old hubs. They are doing well. But when they were published, HP was not so strict about the length, links etc. of the hubs. Let’s wish good luck to each other. Thank You!

working