jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: A Brief Look At Plastic Surgery Through the...

1. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article A Brief Look At Plastic Surgery Through the Ages. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Marketing Merit profile image95
      Marketing Meritposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi Barbara. I had a quick look at your article and don't think the content strictly matches the title. I also found your reference to Star Trek to be a little confusing, as that is fiction and you are writing about fact.

You don't name a source for your opening photo, so I'm guessing it is in the public domain. Nonetheless, it would benefit from a caption to explain who/what/when it is about.

The article seems a little short and would benefit from being split up into capsules with appropriate headings. More photos, not overly graphic, are needed.

Finally, there are several instances of capital letters being used where they are not needed e.g. History of Cosmetic Surgery, in your opening sentence.

Hope this helps.

2. AliciaC profile image98
      AliciaCposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi, Barbara. I think you also need to remove the Amazon capsule, since you don't describe the book in your article. It would be a good idea to remove the HubMob picture as well, since that program is no longer in operation.

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

Hi!  It looks like you wrote this a long time ago.  The rules of HubPages have changed a lot since then.  I suggest you take a look at my Hub called The Basic Rules (it's on the slider on my profile).   It gives you all the rules as they are today, which are tighter than when you originally wrote this article.

In particular, when you read it, you'll soon realise that your Amazon capsules breaks the rules. It's not directly related to the main subject of the Hub.  Although it's about cosmetic surgery, it's just documenting the various procedures. Your main subject is the history of plastic surgery and the reason why people do it. That's not related enough.

Even if it were related, you wouldn't be allowed to use it because you don't provide a personal recommendation.

The other main issue is that the Hub looks as though you've written all your text in one big text capsule.   These days, HubPages expects Hubs to look more attractive.  Split the text over several capsules and add another image or video in the middle somewhere.  Make sure the photo is legal to use and caption accordingly (I have a Hub on how to do that, too).

3. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 3 weeks ago

thank you so much Marisa!

working