jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Edit URL?

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image98
    Jonathan Wylieposted 2 months ago

So...if I wanted to change the URL of a published article...is that impossible? Or can mods/editors do that? Can I do it? I changed my keywords that I wanted to target as I wrote the article and would like to add those to the URL. Thoughts?

1. janshares profile image95
      jansharesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I believe you can from what I recall, the sooner the better if it hasn't been blessed by Google yet. In other words, it won't matter much if the article hadn't gained any traction yet, i.e., traffic. You'll have to delete it in it's current state and republish with the new URL. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image98
        Jonathan Wylieposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Yeah..I figured. I just got it Featured and moved to a niche site, so deleting and republishing may seem like I am wasting people’s time here. Which I don’t want to do. Hence why I was wondering about editing the url on an existing article.

1. theraggededge profile image99
          theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

No, you can't change the URL once it's been published.

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
          DrMark1961posted 2 months agoin reply to this

It cannot be done. Unless you added a date (like 2018) you just need to live with it. It will not matter much since your title is more important.

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 2 months ago

You cannot change your URL after your hub is published. The only time you have control over selecting a URL is when you start to create a hub. The default is the same as your title, but there is a URL field above the title field where you can change it. Most people miss that and leave it the same as the title. Once you move past that step, you’re stuck with it.

I always plan ahead for possible changes, so I make my URLs more general than the full title. I have a full explanation of that in my hub on overlooked hubwriting techniques.

Since your hub is already in a niche site, I would recommend that you do not delete it and republish as Jan had suggested. You would only be undoing all the advantage you already achieved.

1. janshares profile image95
      jansharesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

+1

working