jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Writing: Satisfaction and Inspiration

1. Jessie L Watson profile image96
    Jessie L Watsonposted 5 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13953334_f1024.jpg
    I think it would be fairly accurate to say that we, as individuals, are rewarded by the craft of writing in different ways. Recently I've been focused on the art of organic creativity. I try to refrain from speech unless I feel utterly inspired to do so. Uninspired writing makes for uninspired reading. There will come days where writing is obligatory but the inspiration itself is unique to the creative experience.

My most common form of inspiration is an idea that I have tangled up in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to assemble it in writing - even if it isn't exactly coherent to begin with. It's a type of filtration process when forming believes and attitudes about the world. If these clumps of thought go unattended then they are likely to dissolve or become a burden in the future by virtue of pure ignorance.

Writing to me is so much more than conveying a message. It's the hands that I use to feel my around my inner landscape and generate solutions to the deepest problems. It's a tool for refining inadequate representations of the world. It adds more color and definition to the fuzzy thoughts bouncing around in our heads. We are sorcerers of meaning, beauty and profundity. When I write I feel like a continuum rather than a single entity. It brings to bear all of there is to be had in the human experience.

2. JanisaChatte profile image95
    JanisaChatteposted 5 weeks ago

I really agree with this. What I've noticed is that when I'm writing because I feel like it or have something to share, I am able to come up with something that is actually worth reading, even if the topic isn't of my favourites. However, when I'm writing for an assignment, all I can up with is a procrastinated jumble of words that hurts one's brain to read, even if the topic is of great interest to me.

For me, I feel that writing isn't something that can be done on a strict schedule; instead one's schedule needs to be formed around the inspiration and desire to write

Jessie L Watsonposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yes, exactly. Good luck learning anything you're not interested in either.

3. Natalie Frank profile image96
    Natalie Frankposted 5 weeks ago

I feel the same.  There are days I feel like I should put out an article since I haven't on a while and so I have to work to come up with a topic.  Those articles are not nearly as strong nor do I write them neatly as fast as the ones where I feel inspired.

I wonder how many people start writing from somewhere else like Microsoft Word. I'm starting to regret installing "Grammarly" on my browser because spelling/grammar mistakes interrupt a good flow of thought. Trying to find a good balance between editing and flowing. I am my worst editor haha.

1. EricFarmer8x profile image97
        EricFarmer8xposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I correct word spellings but I usually l write everything first and then edit afterwards.

+1

4. Leland Johnson profile image89
    Leland Johnsonposted 5 weeks ago

Sounds like you're a combination of Brian Wilson and Mike Love.  Wilson was the creative genius, Love put all the pieces together and made the music work.

I'll have to look them up. Thanks, Leland!

5. ArtCultureJesus profile image83
    ArtCultureJesusposted 5 weeks ago

Well said  sir! 100 Percent!

Much appreciated. Although, I always notice typos after the post has become "un-editable" haha.

working