jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

When to share my Hub on social media.

1. Timothy Anderson profile image98
    Timothy Andersonposted 4 weeks ago

If I understand HubPages' instructions, they say if I'm going to promote an article on Facebook or Pininterest, I shouldn't do it immediately after publishing, but that I should wait until it gets featured.

Apparently it has something to do with the URL.

However, once featured, if I now wish to submit the featured article to a Hub niche site, should I still wait to see if it's niche-bound before posting it on FB and Pinterest?

Not sure and any input would be appreciated!

1. Titia profile image96
      Titiaposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Yes you have to wait until your hub is featured because if you promote it when it's just published, but hasn't passed QAP yet, your readers will see a 404 message (page not found). I don't see any advantage in waiting until it's moved to a niche site.  Keep in mind though that for keeping it featured your article needs views from the search engines like Google, Bing. Views from FB and Pinterest are nice, but don't count to keep your hub featured in the long run.

2. Cre8tor profile image98
    Cre8torposted 4 weeks ago

I usually do. I want the finished product to be what gets seen anyways and feel a few days won't hurt me. As long as it's evergreen (which based on your other hubs likely is) the traffic will be there...if time sensitive like a current event or something, then I guess you may be forced. That's my opinion on it anyway.

3. Timothy Anderson profile image98
    Timothy Andersonposted 4 weeks ago

Thank you both for taking the time to help.  I appreciate it!  Tim

working