jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Featured Photo when Sharing to Social Media

1. Urbane Chaos profile image96
    Urbane Chaosposted 3 months ago

Typically, when an article is shared in Social Media sites, the first photo on the page is the one that shows up.  For me, many times that's great; it's the photo that I want to appear, but other times, the photo is good for the page but not so much for Social Media. 

Is there a way, or could a way be implemented, to where a photo is featured for Social Media? 

As an example, in WordPress, you can set your featured image for any page or post.  It would be nice if HubPages had something similar set up.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Good point. When I craft a Hub, I have to consider how my first image will look not only in the Hub itself, but as the face of the article on my profile and other sites.

Sadly, to my knowledge, there's not currently a way to edit it.

Urbane Chaosposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I can't find a way either.. for awhile, I thought I was just overlooking it.

I wrote an article on Oklahoma's first woman mayor.  Basically, her husband became mayor and passed while in office, so she assumed the remainder of his term, then was voted in for the following term.  To tell the story, I had to put a picture of her husband at the top.  There really wasn't a way around that.  Well, when I went to share it to my Oklahoma Traveler page, the headline read "Oklahoma's First Woman Mayor" and next to it was a picture of a man.

You can imagine all of the fun comments that stemmed from that one!

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
          Jeremy Gillposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Haha, maybe the controversy helped bring in traffic!

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 2 months ago

You can add buttons/extensions from the social media sites to your browser. Then you can just directly hover-click the image you want to be displayed.

Urbane Chaosposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I've heard of such a beast before, but never tried it out.  I had been told once that it showed up just for the person who had the plugin.  Do you have any recommendations on which plugin?

And good seeing you again - it's been years since I've been active on the forums.

working