My most popular hub is being........

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Edited. Trouble is its been like that for ages now! All the photo have been taken off, I can't edit it to add new ones! Help! its my
    https://healdove.com/disease-illness/Hy … mple-Terms

1. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see two photos in your article, but they don't look like they are personal photos. You can always opt to not accept the changes if you feel what has been edited out detracts from your article.

Were the photos that were deleted thru edit real, personal photos that help the article? If so, I'd question HP. Then again, if the photos weren't of good quality, that might be the reason.

With all the changes that are going on since the Maven merger, we have to determine our battles. Even though most of us won't be invited to Maven (and unless we have full time to devote, it's not worth it), being featured in an HP niche site is (should be) beneficial. However, I've noticed that my niche articles aren't doing as well financially since Maven stepped into (took over?) the picture.

Nell Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No just normal pics relevant to the article smile

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So, is it still being edited, so you are locked out? Each time one of my articles has been hubpro edited, the editor has contacted me through email. You can email them and let them know your concerns. I had one picture that I was particularly attached to, and I let them know. Once the editing is finished, you can still go back and make changes.

Thanks Sherry. Its just so annoying. This hub has been out for a few years and its really popular. why now?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
          Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's a continuing process. My most popular article just got hubpro edited for the second time.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see this edit has been open for about 2 weeks now. It doesn't usually take this long. I'm going to check in with the editor and find out what's going on.

Thanks Christy! smile

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92

Your editor tells me this article should be finished by the end of today. Sorry for the delay and thanks for being so patient.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image92

Hi Nell, I just checked up on this again and your article has been finished. Looks like the editor added some images for you before she closed out. Please feel free to email me if you ever have questions about a delayed article again in the future, and thanks again for being so understanding.

Thanks Christy! smile

4. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nell Rose,
      Always check if it's more than a few days. Many of my hubs have been lost in the void for weeks, and it shouldn't take an editor more than a few days to proofread an article. I often find they can't see the forest for the trees and hold it for some stupid reason that has little to do with anything.

I sometimes used fictional characters to describe certain planetary positions in my Astrology work, as I have several series on planets in the 12 zodiac signs written--Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus. It's easier to explain the thought processes or love lives of these positions that way.

I've tried until I can't stand it anymore to explain that the horoscopes people see in newspapers are a leftover from WWll and have nothing to do with real astrology. It's not about just where your Sun is. It takes 10-12 hours to cast and interpret any astrological birth chart, and it's possibilities for your whole life as they happen, and ways to mitigate problems, it's not fortune telling. My Q&A is filled with freeloaders who want info which takes hours. And with you I'm preaching to the choir anyway. I delete heavily now.

Sadly, many of my articles have been put on Letterpile as creative writing, and that niche doesn't get much traffic. I tried to work it out with the editor of Exemplore.com, as many of these series of 12 pieces are split between the two sites, making it confusing for my readers. And if I make less money, so does HP. So at times when we submit to a niche, we know that our piece can end up on another niche. But what if the editor is ignorant about your subject or doesn't read, just proofreads? Often pieces are put on a wrong niche.They are awful editors.

The editor decided that "people will be turned off by fictional characters, they want their fortunes told." I was incredulous. I spent 7 yrs. here teaching astrology, and if she even read to understand instead of ripping some pieces apart for petty things, she wouldn't even mention "fortune telling" for what are informational teaching articles about astrology. Duh!

I lost a whole month on an article submitted to Owlcation, and it was over one five letter article in a title, which according to APA standards, did not need to be capitalized. HP has it's own version or quirks regarding APA. So the editor there couldn't correct ONE WORD and held it all that time, making no attempt to communicate with me. I have 140+ hubs which have all been featured for years. I have 20 left not on niches, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth the aggravation.

I am not trying to promote my work here (the warning is coming up), merely exposing how bad the editing here really is and how everyone should fight for what is right for their work.

I have just put a question on here about Editing. I don't want to moan at them because I think they do a great job, but I am totally confused to!

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
          Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you are getting results. I don't think the editors are familiar enough with some topics to be deciding what niche they belong on. I've had this trouble with archetypes too. They aren't the same as astrology observations of people of one zodiac sign. And they should not be splitting a series about the same thing, for instance, what one planet means in each of the 12 zodiac signs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)