Can Anyone Explain The New Amazon Earnings Program?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 11 months ago

    I see that the Amazon earnings are now based on some kind of new sharing protocol.  Can anyone please explain this new Amazon earnings program to me?  Thanks!

    1. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 11 months agoin reply to this

      Previously, the 60/40 split applied to the time your affiliate code was shown. Your code was shown 60% of the time and HubPages' code was shown 40% of the time (randomized). If a sale was made while your code was showing, you got 100% of the commission value and HubPages got $0. If, on the other hand, you made a sale during HubPages' share of impressions, HubPages got to keep 100% of the commission.

      Instead, we've started splitting EVERY sale 40/60 instead of splitting by impressions. This way you can see how many sales are made total. For every sale, you get 60% of the commission and HubPages gets 40%.

      1. Rock_nj profile image90
        Rock_njposted 11 months agoin reply to this

        Thanks for the explanation Christy.

  2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 months ago

    I always trusted Hubpages. I may as well, as what can I do? But the new thing seems a lot more transparent and honest.

  3. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 11 months ago

    To me, it's all about incentives. You give me an incentive to drink your brand of Coffee, and I'll probably drink your Coffee.
    If you give me a financial incentive to write more and better articles, with pertinent advertisements in them, and I will write more and better such articles.
    I love the clarity and the simplicity of the system.

  4. Natalie Frank profile image96
    Natalie Frankposted 11 months ago

    I agree.  There was something less than motivating about the other system.  Knowing that on the rare occasion I might make a sale there was a 40% chance all the earnings would go to HP and I'd get nothing made it so I wasn't so inspired to bother adding a link.  It didn't matter that there was a 60% chance I'd keep all of it.  I guess that's just one of the cognitive bias sorts of things.  This system is much better - knowing that I'll get something from every sale I make means I am more motivated to think of products I have experience with that I can add into articles.  Great move HP!

  5. Kenna McHugh profile image88
    Kenna McHughposted 11 months ago

    I agree. The pay system is transparent and rewarding.

  6. Ladymermaid profile image90
    Ladymermaidposted 11 months ago

    I like this system better as well. Most of my Amazon products were removed by staff but I may go back and reapply a few. And yes, I use these products and put in a personal note alongside them. wink


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)