No Amazon Earnings since Oct.7, is anyone else experiencing the same

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (43 posts)
  1. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 9 years ago

It is happening for the first time ever that i am seeing no amazon sales for the past 7 days. Is it me alone?

1. Elsie Hagley profile image70
      Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I haven't made any sales since 7 October also.

Not looking good.

1. profile image0
        Victoria Austinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've never had any earnings

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
          LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Victoria: You have been here for very short time,, not a lot of hubs.  Consider different topics so you can find Amazon products that  are strongly related to your hub content.

Idea:  Crafts Used To Teach XYZ lesson For Sunday School
          You will definitely find products for something like this.

It took me 3 years to get Amazon sales. I still don't get alot but in the beginning they were few and far between.

1. profile image0
            Victoria Austinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh ok thank you Linda God bless you and have a great weekend.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Not by yourself on this one.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I changed back over to my own Amazon Account even though I will earn less commissions. At least I can see reports as to what people are clicking on and I will see every order.   

If there still isn't any sales, then I will be able to assume that I am not getting a lot of sales that goes directly to HP.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can see your orders on this page:
      https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/amazon

They should result in the same products sold whether or not you are a part of the HP program, because either way you wouldn't see what products were sold during HubPages share.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Millionaire:  That page is sales if you are in HP Amazon program.   I switched back to my own account to compare amount of sales.  Right now, my Amazon capsules are a mess as far as ID goes.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Linda, it doesn't matter which program you are in. You still have to share with HP.

So there is no point in using your Amazon Associate ID on Hub Pages!

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Only if you want a smaller commission or if you want to combine it with other sources to raise the tier somewhere else.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I wonder how some of the new Amazon programs are affecting our sales, like the Amazon Prime, Amazon Mom, Amazon Students, Prime Fresh

1. ologsinquito profile image84
      ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No sales since then either in the HP program. I've had clicks since October 7, but no sales.

6. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Even before October, last sale was in August, I think.

7. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 9 years ago

I sold five items yesterday.

Thanks for letting us know Len. At least we know the system is working.

2. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's great Len, happy for you, perhaps there is no bug then only my luck...!!!

8. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I don't have yesterday's stats yet, however I have been selling on Amazon since Oct 7th.  One item came across with a 10% commission.  I did not know that was possible.

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had one a while back at 10.01%!!!

2. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Awesome Solaras, never knew we could get to 10% as well....

9. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 9 years ago

I've had a dozen sales since the 7th.  It seems to come in blocks now for me, although that's almost certainly the luck of the draw.  Might go 2 weeks without a sale and then have sales every day for a while.

And like Solaras, a few have had "impossible" commission rates.  Yay for HP's hard work!

Hi wilderness, this is certainly encouraging.

10. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 9 years ago

I've had sales since the 7th too.

Just switched over at the end of last month and I'm liking the extra commission!

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Whoopee! First sale since September!

12. alexadry profile image94
    alexadryposted 9 years ago

With lower traffic, unfortunately Amazon sales will go down as well.

13. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

I would like to get one sale from Amazon.  I have never had one.  I believe the way to do it is by directing writing toward sales.  I will do this eventually.  I must check out how you are able to get sales.  7 days?  Try 3 months…LOL

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had another one today - also two e-Bay sales yesterday - looks to me as if things are beginning to improve.

14. tazzytamar profile image83
    tazzytamarposted 9 years ago

Same here! Then again, I'm still pretty new here so I hadn't made many sales anyway

15. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

I had a small sale on the 9th. The earnings rate was the highest I've seen, (which I think means there have been lots of sales this month overall) but they bought a small inexpensive thing so I only earned a couple nickles.

16. Melinda Longoria profile image66
    Melinda Longoriaposted 9 years ago

Keep in mind that people are on the edge of their seats right now because of the Ebola outbreak. Any time a world event such as a viral outbreak occurs, or a global tragedy of any kind, this can effect people's buying habits in a negative way. I believe that we can expect this to be a trend until things improve.

1. Solaras profile image94
      Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Stock market's behavior is an even bigger concern that ebola.  But I am in Atlanta where we are safe, since the CDC is here to protect us lol. Might skip the dog show this weekend.

17. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 9 years ago

Oh...atlast a sigh of relief one sale today after 7 long days....Thanks all hubbers who were here for encouragement and support...you guyz rock!!!!

18. Tricia Deed profile image87
    Tricia Deedposted 9 years ago

I found the different answers very interesting. It helped to hear the various comments. Now I know what to expect.

19. Anthony Altorenna profile image95
    Anthony Altorennaposted 9 years ago

I was getting sales nearly every day on the 'other site' but since moving to HP, I've had only one Amazon sale and no eBay sales at all. My Hubs are mostly How-To oriented, and not overly promotional but I like to include Amazon and eBay modules. I miss featuring some of my own completed projects on the eBay module.

Traffic on my best performing Hubs is way down, so this is obviously a factor. Between pandas and penguins, I'm happy for any traffic at all!

20. athulnair profile image66
    athulnairposted 9 years ago

I feel amazon is not a good source of income when compared to hub earnings program and Google Adsense.

21. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Amazon accounts for 3/4 of my earnings on HP these days.  I average 2 sales a day.  My HP earnings are a quarter of what they were in July.

22. paperfacets profile image85
    paperfacetsposted 9 years ago

I am starting to get seasonal sales. The old articles for Halloween and the Holidays are getting a few sales. If you have a portfolio with some age for the end of the year you should see some sales soon.
    ps I like the 10% I get from HP.

23. lisavanvorst profile image63
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I never made any money on Amazon. I basically stopped putting the capsules in.

1. Solaras profile image94
      Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Most of my sales come from two hubs.  Occasionally (once or twice a month) I will get one from another hub.  My dog name hubs have never produced a sale, so I dropped all but one capsule from them.

The ones that sell provide an answer to an immediate need that people have.  And the solution is either not readily available at the corner store, or it is much cheaper on Amazon.

24. LindaSmith1 profile image60

lisavanvorst: Don't give up, even though it is a bit time consuming to find the right products.  I made a few sales here and there for past 3 years. Then suddenly, around end of last year I have started making 1-2 sales a month, some small, some larger. I had one sale on an item which I didn't think would ever sell from one of my articles.

25. profile image0
    bobtyndallposted 9 years ago

How are we supposed to know whether we are actually getting the percentage of clicks we are supposed to get? I have 75 hubs and have had no sales since I started. How do we know that Hubpages isn't getting all of the clicks or sales when there is no way to track it. At least with our own amazon affiliate we can see whether we are getting any traffic. Also, I am not convinced that using Hubpages amazon will earn us more. I think we would earn less. How do we opt out of the Hubpages amazon program?

Click on configure button, read and follow instructions.  You can add your own associates account.

As to HP maybe cheating us on sales. I had a sales that was a rather larger one while using HP program.

By the way, if you use your own Associate Id, I have a surprise for you.  The 60/40 split does not go away.  HP affiliate code will show 40 percent of the time, and your own associate code will show 60 percent of the time.

Whether you use HP program, or your own ID, the split stays the same.
      HP program give us a higher commission like 8.5 percent unless there is a fixed rate, for example.

I use my own so that I can see which products are being clicked on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)