We need new blood

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (50 posts)
  1. m-a-w-g profile image90
    m-a-w-gposted 5 years ago

So get doing some challenges people!  Put yourself out there, stretch yourself, get out of the comfort zone, make yourself and your life better... You are amazing people with amazing abilities.

My challenge will be a month long challenge:

I challenge myself to make 4 stellar hubs.  Each week I will learn something new, most likely a skill and/or ability and by stellar I will go by Simone's links on what a Stellar Hub is: I will be going by the definition at: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub

I hope you will join me!

My first hub has a deadline of 8/20/2018 Midnight (est), the following ones will have a deadline of 8/27, 9/3, and 9/10.

Have some fun and join me.  I hope to see some posts, I will follow them and see what you are doing - I want to see people growing and hope that you join me!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like fun. I'll try to join in where I can. However, don't use the map capsule unless you are writing about travel. Apparently HP has to pay Google to use them now, so they are discouraging their inclusion unless they are essential.

2. angelique kried profile image60
      angelique kriedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I have just returned to Hubpages after a long time. Am keen to write, so will join you in this challange

m-a-w-gposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great to have you aboard.  Post when you have it complete.

2. ethel smith profile image83
        ethel smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Me too. Returned recently and getting back into the swing of it

3. Oscarlites profile image69
      Oscarlitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hum dee bugga you better get with it!

2. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

I think I will join in this one. 4 a month sounds very doable. Maybe I will get at least 2 in there if I aim for 4 smile

Good luck with your challenge.

3. EricFarmer8x profile image95
    EricFarmer8xposted 5 years ago

I don't have any particular challenge in mind, but I do plan on writing more while I currently have the free time.

My goal is to eventually have 100 network hubs if possible. So far I only have about 20, but I have some ideas, and I am writing them.

I have some personal earnings goals as well. I want to get to the point I can make a payout every month. So in other words make $50 in earnings every month.

I guess a reasonable goal for me would be to write at least two to three hubs a month for the rest of this year.

4. m-a-w-g profile image90

Love that you guys are on board for some writing.  Post when you have them done so we can enjoy them - would like to see what you are all up to.  Good luck and have fun!

5. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

I'll join in.  I'll go with the 4 in a month goal.  So then starting today, my deadline will be September 20th.  I think I will just say 4 before the end of that period and not set it specifically by each week.  That way I can get ahead or catch up as necessary.  Thanks for starting this.

6. Erudite Scholar profile image59
    Erudite Scholarposted 5 years ago

Hi mawg,
    I am learning a lot on the Learning Center.I will publish often and create stellar articles.I plan to publish constantly.

7. m-a-w-g profile image90

It is 1:45am and I missed my deadline...but here is the article.  http://hub.me/amdJJ   

Make sure to post so we can see yours!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's great. Love the use of original photos. Very useful.

Are you telling me that you could tell they were not professionally taken pictures?  Not the best, but easier and better than finding some that didn't really say what I needed.  Thanks for noticing, that is one of the things that took awhile for me.

2. lobobrandon profile image87
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cool, after the Choose your Chisels section you have an extra space just before the comparison table. I'd suggest you get rid of that. Alo maybe remove the first heading: Care for your tools.

Those are just some suggestions to get it moved to a niche site. I'm not so sure about saying thank you at the end. Maybe HP wants the articles to be professional and not personal? I can't comment on that, never tried something like this and I've personally not seen something like this on a niche site before.

3. Natalie Frank profile image92
      Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting article.  Thanks for sharing.

4. Natalie Frank profile image92

Deleted

1. Natalie Frank profile image92

Okay - what new bug is this?  I only wrote and submitted this comment once.

2. Natalie Frank profile image92

Deleted

Yikes!  What's happening?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
            Jeremy Gillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You might have found the bug I occasionally experience, where if you double-click "submit", it sometimes posts the comment twice. Be careful when hitting the orange button!

8. m-a-w-g profile image90

Good catch on the extra space and we shall see what they say about the Thank You.  This is the longest one of my hubs hasn't been approved.

1. lobobrandon profile image87

Getting approved means nothing anymore. You want your hubs to get to the niche sites otherwise you're not going to get any readers.

I will have to dig into the niche sites more then.  Most of then are assigned to the niche sites fairly quickly though.

9. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 5 years ago

I hit the first deadline (8/20), will try to hit the next three.

Nice work on the article.

Good info in your article, thanks for posting it and joining the challenge!

10. EricFarmer8x profile image95

I have written three Hubs so far this month.

This one is about a free poker game. I wrote it because I have three similar hubs about other poker games and they get me the most views.

I wrote this hub about playing older console games on computers. It seemed like an interesting topic. No idea how it will do though.

I wrote this hub on Google Keep. I have started to use Google Keep more often and I wanted to write a review.

I am in the process of writing a review of a Chromebook I bought a month ago. It most likely will be done today.

I am in the process of trying to get a part time job and go to junior college so I have nothing but free time. I am trying to see how many somewhat decent hubs I can write in a month.

Nice smile

1. EricFarmer8x profile image95
        EricFarmer8xposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice you post on HubPages. I have learned some very helpful things from it.

I am nowhere near being a SEO expert but I try.

You're welcome. Happy to help if I can.

2. m-a-w-g profile image90

Keep on looking and keep active and busy.  Great job on getting hubs pushed - very productive!

11. profile image0
    LloydDawsonposted 5 years ago

I think I got my article in on time, I wrote it before reading your challenge.  https://hubpages.com/animals/How-To-Hav … ehaved-Dog

We will count it!  Interesting article - the walking also helps with behavior and challenge issues.  Needed in some breeds to be honest.

12. EricFarmer8x profile image95

Most of the technology related stuff I write gets moved to TurboFuture in under a week.

I only really have a hard time getting my stuff onto LevelSkip. I am not sure why but it seems as that that editor(s) have stricter standards or maybe they get more submissions?

I have not written for any other network websites other than one article that was moved to ToughNickel because of the subject. I felt like it could have been fine on TurboFuture, but the editors felt like it fit better there.

13. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Yup, new articles get considered for the move immediately and they are moved to the niche sites provided they meet the requirements and are high quality. Some niche sites take longer than the others though.

14. Natalie Frank profile image92

Okay - hub #1 is done.  It's about Inspirational Quotes from the Musical Hamilton.  Here's the link:  https://hubpages.com/literature/Inspira … y-Hamilton
    It was a lot of fun to write - I love that play!

I want to see that one so bad, I don't live in NYC anymore and don't get to attend too many musicals anymore.  I am envious, I had listened raptly while there was an interview with the writer and it sounds so good!

We have a permanent company in Chicago that will be here til the end of 2019 I think - opened 2016, then to return two years later.

15. EricFarmer8x profile image95

All four of the recent hubs I wrote were moved to TurboFuture and LevelSkip. Despite having written on here for months I still get excited when I get the edit changes and network submission emails from HubPages.

I recently wrote this review of a Chromebook I recently purchased.

Time to see what search traffic I get I suppose. I was going to keep on writing but I was testing something on my cell phone and it is taking a few days. I might even write a hub about that.

The review is good, but I think that table of contents is overkill. 1/10 of the article is the TOC lengthwise.

Most of the points there belong to the review and could be converted to one TOC point.

EDIT: Just noticed you did this on all your three previous hubs too.

16. EricFarmer8x profile image95

I am experimenting to see how it affects my hubs but I will keep what you said in mind.

17. m-a-w-g profile image90

I am apologizing because the article I am doing for the skill portion will have to wait until I can find a microwave.  I am hoping this is tomorrow, but I don't want to disassemble the device I built for this and I need some pictures.  I will post something else, but I am annoyed with myself for not following through with the date I posted.  If I can't find a used microwave by tomorrow I will disassemble the device and start over for better pictures.

How is everyone else coming along?

18. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

I've completed two since you threw down the challenge smile

I did see those, have had the time to read one so far.  I like a lot of your info.

19. EricFarmer8x profile image95

I am trying to decide if I want to write more hubs or write stuff for a personal blog of mine. Writing for HubPages is way easier but I also I want some other content as well.

Hard decision, I would look at the reasons I write for each of them and go from there.  Do you write for money, fun, interest, both etc. And what one is the better fit for you.  Keep us posted, would love to see more from you.

20. Natalie Frank profile image92

Okay here is number 2:  It's on all the great things to do in Chicago in the Fall!
    https://hubpages.com/travel/Fun-Things- … n-the-Fall

Nice job, always a lot to do in Chicago - great reference piece.

Thanks!  Hoping to get at least one more out today.  I have reset my challenge deadline so it is not finishing four by the end of August.  If I hit that I will add a couple to write for the original deadline.  Thanks again for the inspiration!  I really needed that!

21. m-a-w-g profile image90

Since I am not posting my original article today.  I did wrap this one up tonight.

http://hub.me/ameBg

22. profile image0
    LloydDawsonposted 5 years ago

I missed one, but I got 3 altogether.  http://hub.me/ameUE and http://hub.me/amgLH, so 75% isn't bad, right?

Keep it up, I haven't been posting articles here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)