I'd like to clarify to full certinty the character of publishing hubs. Although rules seems to be clear enough, there seem to be some contradictory ones.
1. What does it mean: "contains largely' content from different site? If I quote someone's article/essey etc. and add comment to it as my original hub content, how much is too much?
2. After sharing hub content on different websites, it may be obviously used by different users in various ways. How the autor is held countable for unexpected publishing cases etc.? often even without author's knowledge...
3.How many links can be there if they link to different domains?
4.What content is defined as "exclusive" to HubPages?
Thank you for this clarification. I do cherish the fact I can publish through HubPages and would like to not run into ' unclear" situations with publishing hubs. Is there a way, that hub is prompted for possible adjustment when about to be published?
1. Hubpages asks that we write original content meaning we can research and place pur views in our own words, no copying of content is allowed. We may quote but my recommendation is, if you find something of interest contact the actual writer and ask them if you can use there material adding your commentary to there words first. Notate on your hub that it is not copied content and acknowledge the writer by placing there name and link to there exact page in your hub.
2. If you are sharing your work on another website changing the wording so it does not appear on hubpages as duplicate content which could reduce your score or your hub could be flagged and removed due to duplicate content.
3. I never use more then two because a hub could be flagged for being over-promotional to one domain.
4. This is a good question what do you mean exactly by exclusive? I am certain Maddie, Paul, could answer that one I only publish on HP and have been here a long time but I cannot answer that question. Hope some of these questions you have asked have been clarified and I am certain other hubbbers will come along and assist you to.
1.) i would say that EXCERPTS only from an article to ENHANCE your OWN article is acceptable.. that would probably be a quote or a few sentences , probably not even a full paragraph and is etiquette to attribute the source you got the quote or excerpt from and maybe even a link to read the rest of their story or article. But i'm not staff so take for what its worth.
2.) not sure but most articles have a publish date and creative commons licecse can be placed iand are applicable to most works in the public domain
3.) only 2 links to SAME domain or 1 RSS to a domain and probably an infinite number of links if to different domains although excess will just clutter article
4.)i would think "exclusive" means you have not written the same article somewhere else and tried to rearrange in a way that hubpages wont detect as duplicate. They want "original" content not copy and pasted excerpts from multiple articles to make another uniunique article.
can contact staff directly by hitting help tab , scrolling to last index on the right of page
by Marcy Goodfleisch 5 years ago
Dear Staff:First, this is intended to be a request made out of love for this site, and out of respect and regard for our fellow Hubbers.Please strongly consider removing the Hubber Score from our profiles. If you feel it is necessary to have a score for each of us, we feel we have the right...
by Cagsil 8 years ago
Hey HubPages Staff,I cannot EDIT my Valentine's Day Hubs???????????????This is a severe problem considering it needs to be published on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please help!!!!!!!!!!!I tried to edit the Hub 5 times and it keeps trying to load a hubtool/edit/ and for some reason, the...
by Liz Elias 4 years ago
If you report or flag a hub or question, is it anonymous, or does the person know who did the reporting or flagging?It would be a shame to have a retribution war started....
by Cagsil 7 years ago
Hello,I try not to make waves with "How Hubpages Operates" and I am not sure if this singular problem is having a huge effect or not.But, I've noticed that many hubs I had connected to other hubs via "embedded" links(anchored text) have not been coming up or being flagged as...
by Sheila Craan 4 months ago
Lately, I have had 11 hubs unfeatured due to Quality Issues. I have assured my hubs do not contain grammatical or spelling errors. I have included relevant video and changed the titles and added new supporting texts and all this to no avail. The HubPages Staff continues to deem my hubs do not...
by sam nomorr 6 years ago
Yesterday I invited a friend to try the hubpages. She declined stating that most of the staff are narcissistic head hunters who have a degree in English, play head games with the users they don't like, are unfair in carrying out their hub rules and often help the evil doers on the site if it means...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|