Does Hubpages CEO/Staff Play Unfair?

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (305 posts)
  1. sam nomorr profile image60
    sam nomorrposted 11 years ago

Yesterday I invited a friend to try the hubpages. She declined stating that most of the staff are narcissistic head hunters who have a degree in English, play head games with the users they don't like, are unfair in carrying out their hub rules and often help the evil doers on the site if it means by doing so, they will rid the site of a good person who had a valid complaint. She also said I should watch out for the sites programming tricks. I asked her, "What do you mean by that?" She replied the hubpages staff use software and write codes to manipulate the threads and harass users, hide evidence of reported wrong doings if it may lead to a possible legal action or be reported as a crime. Last but not least, she said people who hubpages said they had banned for misconduct, have never left and  are in fact, still writing hubs (while using their real names in the hub story) Will I be banned for shinning a light on this possible concern?
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7377202_f248.jpg

1. Shanna11 profile image75
      Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I also heard from a friend of a friend of a mysterious source that Hubpages staff likes to microwave hamsters and egg the homes of aging widows.

They're monsters.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3980593_f520.jpg
        They've also been known to visit Hubber's homes late at night...

sam nomorrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@paradigm, I'm not being "Sarcastic" but we are all capable of doing whatever it takes to stay on top of our "Game".
          Realistically, none of my possible concerns are out of the question. I'm new here and I don't know if you're hubpage STAFF or not, just that you were fast to answer my question. I'm just keeping it REAL.  Have a nice day.

2. Terminex profile image55
          Terminexposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7378505_f248.jpg

3. sam nomorr profile image60

I'm amused by how people here complain about the "state of the country", about "corruption in government", "about crime all around us", but somehow we are to believe the hubpage CEO'S and Staff, never do anything questionable in order to stay on top of their game? I live in the real world, maybe you should too! Whenever it's all about the MONEY, you can bet, no one is CLEAN and POLISHED!

2. sam nomorr profile image60

@Shanna, I'm sorry you heard that and I'm not being "Sarcastic" but we are all capable of doing whatever it takes to stay on top of our "Game".
        Realistically, none of my possible concerns are out of the question. I'm new here and I don't know if you're hubpage STAFF or not, just that you were fast to answer my question. I'm just keeping it REAL.  Have a nice day.

No, I'm not a Hubpages staff member.

1. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lies!  All lies!  We all know that the 'a' next to your avatar means that you are a secret HP junior staff member, Shanna. 

And, of course, one with brains enough to recognize true wit like mine.

wink

WHO TOLD YOU?
              Now I have to...ahem... "shut you up" before you tell anyone else....
              I'm so sorry, but it's just got to be done.

1. profile image0

No - please don't have me banned!

I take it back, I swear.

I'll even delete that post, I promise!

smile

It's too late for that.

Well. Technically, it isn't. But I need to make an example of you.

1. profile image0

*hangs head in shame*

Will I at least have the option of closing my account on my own, or must I suffer the horrible "This user has been banned from HubPages" before you put out the hit?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7378497_f248.jpg

1. gmwilliams profile image84
                    gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Terminex, agree with your spot on picture, describing the situation at hand.  My thoughts on the issue:

DO I HEAR THE THEME FROM THE TWILIGHT ZONE?    ZONING..........ZONING...............ZONING..........BEEP!   BEEP!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It comes across better as sarcasm whether you meant it that way or not. 

Or you could say that your anonymous friend channels psychic dolphins who are reading the minds of hubstaff and recruiting freedom fighters to oppose their nefarious plans. 

That would work too.

GOOD ONE THERE!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7378498_f248.jpg

3. aa lite profile image87
          aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What puzzles me is how you think doing the things your friend of a friend's claimed HP staff did would help them "stay on top of the Game".  The "Game" is not played on the forums, the "Game" is played on Google's SERPs. 

To be honest, if Paul E and Simone played dirty so my hubs ranked higher than e-how and wikipedia, I'm not sure I would mind very much.  But no microwaving of hamsters please!

I'm not being "Sarcastic" but we are all capable of doing whatever it takes to stay on top of our "Game".

4. sam nomorr profile image60

@holyjeans30, I have given everyone a chance to answer the question here, please scroll up in the thread and read the "smart ass/rude" answers  some have come back with. None of which, up to now, have answered the forum question I asked. I'm glad "YOU" have not had any problems and I'm sure many don't. BUT, nothing is all "perfect" we're all human and as such will do what ever it takes to stay on top of our game! It's too bad you took the "brownie points' personally, however in the "real" world, some people do things in hopes of being "favored" by the people on "top".   Please have a nice day.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image87
          Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is this "have a nice day" after every comment? It's sarcastic and demeans the use of the phrase.

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, my gosh, IzzyM! According to the urbandictionary, the phrase means something totally different. I had no idea! Now, I feel REALLY insulted! Thanks for sharing that, Izzy!

5. sam nomorr profile image60

Another ass kisser? I'm amused by how people here complain about the "state of the country", about "corruption in government", "about crime all around us", but somehow we are to believe the hubpage CEO'S and Staff, never do anything questionable in order to stay on top of their game? I live in the real world, maybe you should too! Whenever it's all about the MONEY, you can bet, no one is CLEAN and POLISHED!

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well Sam, I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but......Hubpages the secret CIA headquarters and yes....what your friend told you is all true. Right now your computer us bugged and your friend is being followed. We just have to do that for you and your friends protection. She should have kept her mouth shut....we just have to make sure she doesn't leak anymore top secret info.

BTW, I am agent 00299..nice to meet you!

1. Terminex profile image55

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378504.jpg

2. Victoria Lynn profile image87

You guys are too funny. Cardisa and Terminex. :-)

3. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Boy, what were they smoking? If hey don't like HubPages, there is always Squidoo!   No soup for you...Next!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378516_f248.jpg

1. memphisT profile image41
          memphisTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

a million buck says you dont have rights to this pic so get rid of it or you are out!!!!!

2. LauraVerderber profile image89
        LauraVerderberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How does this person know what is going on at Hubpages in that much detail if they are not a member or participating in the community?

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
          Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7378523_f248.jpg

3. tussin profile image56
        tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Would it be  more to her liking if they were manic-depressive toenail biters with degrees in art history? Inquiring minds want to know.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378532_f248.jpg

this pic has a watermark if you leave it it will revoke your hubpages account .

4. Dale Hyde profile image80
        Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I may disagree with some of the recent changes and have my frustrations, however I do not believe any of this.  I don't think the staff has the time to be involved in such things.

I have been here about 11 months and have not seen any evidence of what your "friend" has mentioned.  My thoughts and my opinion.

finallly you can be cool somewhere!!!!!!              HA HA

5. Abby Attwood profile image57
        Abby Attwoodposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sam, It is human nature to show favor to those who show favor to you. Thus, I think it is very possible that certain Hubbers have had bad experiences. Just like any "job" it does take a good degree of kissing up to succeed (and if you've not experienced this previously, you are lucky!). Bosses promote the positive people that they like, they can be tougher on those they don't like. So do I believe that what you're saying is possible? Yes. Does the staff do it on purpose? I'd hope not. Does the entire HubPages staff act like this? I am sure that it is not every single one of them (it would be the largest gathering of evil ever!) and it appears from previous comments in this forum that they are working to correct any issues that are bothering Hubbers.

To everyone else, please don't take me wrong because I love this community and HubPages, but it seems to me that those of you who are successful and have not had issues with HubPages are "trolling" Sam. Perhaps other individuals who have had bad experiences from sharing negative feedback are afraid to speak up due to past reactions or have left the site out of frustration. Rather than engaging Sam with teasing, perhaps it would just be best of us to leave it as a simple "I've never had trouble myself" or a "I've only had wonderful experiences with HubPages." I don't want to make myself into an outcast (since I'm new here), I just hate to see people being picked on *blush.* Please don't ban me from the cool kids group! smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
          Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have had "issues" but certainly not at the level that Sam alludes to. From my understanding, he is not having the issues...it is his "friend" who has never been a member of the community or of HP?

2. cardelean profile image86
          cardeleanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hub Pages Abby!  I truly hope that you enjoy writing here on HP.  Despite what you may gather from this thread, HP is a wonderfully supportive community.  In fact it is one of the reasons that I continue to write here.  As you will most likely find when you have been around HP for a while, there are posts like this every few days from people who create false identities to "stir up trouble" here.  As time goes on I'm sure you will find it very easy to identify those false hubbers.  They often repeat the same types of things with no proof to substantiate their claims. 

There are many hubbers who have been frustrated by one thing or another here on HP.  Whether it is changes to the profile pages, the way that they are monitoring hubs, etc., etc.  With a site that has as many members as this, it is impossible to keep everyone happy all of the time.  And many times those frustrated hubbers have valid concerns and handle them appropriately.  The problem lies with those who are intentionally starting trouble just for the sake of starting trouble.  Those that have been around a little while can see right through it and call the "person" out on it.

1. Abby Attwood profile image57

Hi Cardelean, Thank you for the kind welcome! Yes, I have experienced the HubPages support first hand already and find most of the people here to be wonderful!
            I apologize if I've stirred the waters here, but from a new person's perspective I felt that many people were picking on Sam. I'm not saying that he didn't deserve it because he is just as guilty. I just can't help but try to break it up when I feel someone is being ganged up on (wrong or not).
            My apology is sincere because I spoke out before knowing the background and wonderful people like you did not deserved to be grouped in with the "everyone else." I obviously need to work on my own writing skills, but that's what I'm here for, right? Thanks again for being so nice while putting me in my place, ha ha!

Proof? neutral

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7378543_f248.jpg

3. Shanna11 profile image75

Cool kids group?

I'm currently the only member of this exclusive group. And that's only because everyone else wouldn't let me into their's. wink

1. profile image0

Shanna, you're the only member of the cool 'kids' group because you're the only kid!

Badump, bump!

You know I'm teasing.  Besides, 18 is of majority age, so only those of us who are old think of you as a kid.

wink

4. memphisT profile image41

she only looks like a sixty year old!!!!  finally a cool kid though congrats!!!!

6. John Sarkis profile image82
        John Sarkisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There might be some truth to your friend's claim?...  All said, HP is no different than any other business organization - you take the good with the bad....

7. aa lite profile image87
        aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! HP staff have degrees in English! I never knew that.  Right I'm taking my hubs to Wizzley!

I've been loyal through the idling of hubs and the 'normal' hubs and many other ups and downs, but this is  just too much to bear.

is wizzley where we should take our great works too?

2. djdaniel150 profile image60
          djdaniel150posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the real issue is hubpages puts too many constraints on their authors. This has had an obvious negative effect not only the authors, but site itself, causing its search engine rankings to plummet. There are some really bad practices they employ to get rankings. For instance, look at the "summary" section for adding description about your content for search engines. This summary is actually used for meta description tags, and they are telling authors to write a 2 to 3 sentence summary. Bad idea! Try maybe 2 short sentences at most. Anything more and search engines will penalize you! Microsoft's Bing search engine will not include pages that have long meta description tags, they are much stricter than Google when it comes to this kind of stuff. You gotta keep meta descriptions short and sweet. Too long of meta tags will cause an automatic SEO penalty for that given page in Bing, and too many pages from the same domain with too long of meta descriptions will cause the entire domains ranking to plummet! That's exactly what is happening here. They are screwing you guys and themselves.

8. holyjeans30 profile image67
        holyjeans30posted 11 years ago

How do people know what goes on behind the scenes?  I've been seeing a lot of negative things about hubpages lately written by hubbers, and it just makes me wonder if I should go somewhere else.

1. Natashalh profile image72
          Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just stay away from the forums, like I usually do. People here are actually pretty amazingly nice - but internet forums are always internet forums (a great place for unhappy people to complain with anonymity).

9. holyjeans30 profile image67

Then you go and look at the profiles of the people making statements like this of Sam Nomorr, and wonder what their real motive is for joining and commenting like this.

@holyjeans30, My new hub profile is fine and your approval is not needed.   I asked a question which you have failed to answer, and so far have been treated rudely by you. Have a nice day.

There have been a lot of unsubstantiated claims against Hubpages lately made by troll accounts, sock puppets and people with vendettas. Those who stick up for Hubpages can provide no substantial amount of evidence to satisfy these 'users' who are simply trying to slander the website for personal gain. 

Those who have had good experiences with staff and with the site are derided and called liars no matter what. So you see, there is good reason for many Hubpages users to be cautious of people who come 'round with threads like this, because it's always unsubstantiated claims. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt (which is surprising for me).

Unless your friend has actual evidence of this happening, they're just empty claims, and the majority of users on Hubpages enjoy the website and writing on it.

@Shanna11, I just spoke with my friend over the phone and she informed me she has the "Proof", She wants to know if you would like her to email the proof to you or use US mail service?

Yeah, no thanks. You see, I have this terrible fear of getting either a letter bomb or a virus that makes my computer emit copious blue smoke while simultaneously melting my hard drive. It's quite crippling when it comes to everyday things like Christmas cards and work e-mails, really.

1. wilderness profile image96
                  wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Kind of answered your unspoken question, didn't it?

And that would be...?

Like you, I looked at the profile - it was my first reaction to the title as we've seen so many trolls and puppets lately.  Also read the single hub, which provided no surprises.

As far as I'm concerned, the friend with proof of HP's nefarious actions that will email it to you but not put into the forums is confirmation.

@ wilderness.  Just more of the of the same BS from you. You are now being Ignored. Thank you.

2. holyjeans30 profile image67
            holyjeans30posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm in no way being rude, I'm genuinely curious because your question is among the several I've seen all of a sudden in just the last week, and I want to know as well if I'm missing something.

@holyjeans30, I just spoke with my friend over the phone and she informed me she has the "Proof", She wants to know if you would like her to email the proof to you or use US mail service?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
                MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG I haven't looked at the forums in a month and I come back and you are still here...  Dude... I don't even hate my ex-husband this much.  Hobbies are good to break obsessive patterns.  A girlfriend might help too... maybe a dog?  Anything that makes a life resemble... well a life... would probably help.

@MelissaBarrett,  I don't know you. I'm new here. And everything you just said is BS so I will ignore you from now on. The "misinformation" you're trying to sell folks is not working. You bore me. Have a nice day.

You're more than welcome to email me pnppowell09@gmail.com, it'd be worth taking a look at.

@holyjeans30, Thank you. You will receive an email from my friend which will include a phone number for you to call. My friend is very willing to get to the bottom of this LONG standing problem!

1. holyjeans30 profile image67

excellent

10. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Your friend is highly in tune with the behind the scenes goings on at HP for someone who is not a user.

@Motown2Chitown, She may not be at this time but from what she shared, was a "long time" member years ago and will not come back. Of note: So far I noticed all who have replied have "high" hubpage scores. You folks are not trying to get "brownie points" are you?  And you have failed to answer the question in this forum as well. Just keeping it real. Have a nice day.

1. profile image0

Yup, my high hub score comes from covering up nefarious practices by HP staff. 

My answer to your question is simple.  HP CEO/Staff does not play unfair - LY!  Perhaps appropriate grammar should be a bigger concern for you at this time?

@Motown2Chitown, Nothing is wrong with my grammar. My observations regarding who replies, what they say and what their hub scores are is not wrong, it's just "smart" If I hit a nerve with my "insight" then so be it. Oh, and still my question here is unanswered. Hmm? Interesting!

I answered the question at the bottom of your post, but to answer your thread title question, not to my knowledge, no. There's no definitive proof that says they do, so the answer is no in general unless concrete evidence arises.

The burden of proof would be on your friend, really.

@Shanna11, thanks for answering it now, I appreciate it. As far as the burden of proof, that would rest in the hands of the hubpage CEO/STAFF members. If they ban me for asking this, or my comments removed or I begin to experience an onslot of "bullying which is NOT properly resolved when I complain to the hubpage staff" then the actions will speak loud and clear. Thanks.

lol

2. fpherj48 profile image60
                    fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sam....you are slightly annoying, in more ways than one.  BTW...it's "ONSLAUGHT"    not ONSLOT!!!   There is plenty wrong with your grammar, unfortunately, that's not your major problem.   How many comments, exactly, will it take for you to clearly see that MOST hubbers simply do NOT accept your suggestions that staff plots against it's users?
                    You may go "elsewhere."  It's apparent that no one here will mind at all.  Take your paranoia with you. 
                    You have duly warned us.  Now, get lost.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7383302_f248.jpg

1. psycheskinner profile image84

There is a difference between being censored and being told you are boring and difficult to converse with. Conversations require the consent of both parties.

fpher--You rock! Well said!

Terminex--Another great photo!

2. LetitiaFT profile image73
                LetitiaFTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes there is something wrong with your grammar, unless it's your eyes. Have a nice day.

@Letit, your opinion is fine, just not something I'm worried about or have to agree with! I'm having a nice day. Thanks, and you do the same! (smiling)

2. wilderness profile image96

Then you aren't doing enough.  Take a look at MY score - can you imagine how much I've covered up to get that?  (Although it will go away in a day as HP staff makes up lies and says I haven't done enough, either!).

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378556_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

Obviously, you're MUCH better at cover ups than I am! lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7379176_f248.jpg

2. Shanna11 profile image75

Honestly, IDK how my hubpages score stays high. I haven't published anything on Hubpages in like three months..... tongue It's probably just because I post a lot in the forum. Not because Hubpages staff likes me a particular amount. I'm quite obnoxious, so I fancy they aren't terribly over-fond of me.

As for your question, you won't be banned for sharing rumors you heard. Otherwise, I would be banned for the hamster thing.

3. holyjeans30 profile image67

If you come into hubpages with a negative opinion already, there isn't much to be said that you won't question.  Any of us with high hubscores is because we have worked for them.  I couldn't even tell you how to know who the hubpages staff members are because I've never taken the time to try to find out.  To make comments about brownie points is highly offensive to me as I'm sure others here.  Had you given the community here a chance to start with you would have found what I've known to be true since I started, it's a really nice group of people who genuinely support one another minus a few people who like to start trouble, but otherwise I have really enjoyed my time here and have never had any problems.

@holyjeans30, I have given everyone a chance to answer the question here, please scroll up in the thread and read the "smart ass/rude" answers  some have come back with. None of which, up to now, have answered the forum question I asked. I'm glad "YOU" have not had any problems and I'm sure many don't. BUT, nothing is all "perfect" we're all human and as such will do what ever it takes to stay on top of our game! It's too bad you took the "brownie points' personally, however in the "real" world, some people do things in hopes of being "favored" by the people on "top". wink  Please have a nice day.

I answered your question. :p Without sarcasm in the answer, as well. That's a lot to ask of me, really. It's a couple posts above this one. Like 4.

1. profile image0

I answered as well.  Can't say I wasn't slightly sarcastic, though.

I'm just so much more mature than you. wink

1. profile image0

True.  And prettier too.  And we all know that HP likes its more attractive members better.  That's why your score stays so high!

tongue

@Motown2, I'm not touching that one.

@Shanna11, As I said above, thanks for answering it now, I appreciate it.

Well then, I guess there is nothing left to be said other than, Welcome to Hubpages, and good luck.

@holyjeans30, thanks for the "warm welcome" smile Take care!

4. Barbara Kay profile image73
            Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok. I have a high hubscore, but I swear that nothing weird goes on here. If it does, I'd like to know more precise details.

11. Len Cannon profile image88
        Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Nice detective work, Mancy Drew.

That was terrible, but I still laughed.

12. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 11 years ago

I find the scenario by which a person who has just joined the site invites a friend who has never used this site to try it and the friend has the inside scoop on nefarious practices to be much like of dozens of posts over the last few months that have all started similarly and which turned out to be purely for the purpose of fomenting dissent.

In other words, no answers posted here are going to make this person happy.  And Shanna11 is quite right... the burden of proof is on the anonymous friend, since they are such an non-site-using expert.

1. profile image0

Yup.

What she said.

smile

@relache, Please don't change the facts, I "Never' said my friend "never" used this "site"  please scroll back up and read what I posted again. I said, "she used it years ago" Thank you. Have a nice day.

@relache, once again, you don't report the facts. For the last time, I said, my friend "was a member of hubpages years prior to 2012" Please get it right or leave. Some of you are proving my friend to be telling the truth with your BS in this forum thread.

4. Terminex profile image55

You can always request the proof, and lighten your burden. Can't you?

13. cardelean profile image86
        cardeleanposted 11 years ago

Whew...I needed a good laugh today, thanks!  big_smile

14. brakel2 profile image73
        brakel2posted 11 years ago

None of it is true Sam. Why not see for yourself  you can believe half of what you hear. Prove your friend? wrong.

15. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

Wow! Joined 5 days ago and full of negative info about HP. Why did you join again? I wouldn't have done it if someone told me all those bad things.  OOOOEEEE! I smell something rotten!

As for your assertions that nobody has answered the accusations your "friend" made, those accusations have the same ring as small town gossip. Everyone who's ever lived in a small town knows that the gossip has a life of its own, and anyone who spreads it has a malicious streak and is enjoying stirring up controversy.

So no answer is needed. If you find for yourself that you don't like it here, leave. If you like it, stay. If you're a sock puppet, get stuffed.

@Heal,  "This is the "FIRST" time I joined and I NEVER said it was anything but my FIRST time here! Hope my correcting you doesn't mean your "bullying me " will continue! Have a nice day!

@HPursuits, (smiling)

Do you realize that you replied to yourself?

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7377612_f248.jpg

@Uninvited Writer, You really don't think I'm going to click on that link, do you? Don't answer that. I'm not! Have a nice day!

@Uninvited. Okay I refreshed this page and your "link" changed into a photo of socks, so the page hung up and corrected. Have a nice day!

Get over it big_smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7378467_f248.jpg

3. justateacher profile image85
          justateacherposted 11 years ago

Sam - I don't know you or your friend. I do not know anyone that is a CEO or any other kind of "higher up" on Hubpages. I do know that I have been here for over a year. I have read many controversial hubs that have mentioned good things about this site and horrible things about this site. I have read controversial forums that have said good and bad things about just about every subject under the sun. I have not seen anyone banned for stating an opinion. I have never heard of anyone getting better treatment or worse treatment because of who they know or don't know.

I have had a consistently high score - but not for who I know or don't know. It's because I try to write things that I know about and try to write the best I can. People seem to like it and comment on what I do. It has nothing to with anything else except my hard work. No conspiracy theories or bad mouthing anyone. I have found that by hard work and making positive interactions with others here on this site I have done fairly well. I am not going to become a millionaire by writing here, but I am doing well enough.

If you want to do well here, you can follow the example of me and hundreds or even thousands of others. Work hard and make positive connections. Do not make wild conspiracy theory accusations that have no basis of truth. If your friend has the proof of this, bring it out just like you did this question. Publish here on Hubpages and let us all judge for ourselves whether we or not we want to believe. Don't spit out vile innuendo - that will not help your cause.

If you truly do believe that you are right, and we all are wrong - find a new place to write. It's as simple as that.
          On the other hand, if what you are doing is writing about something controversial just to get a lot of hits on a forum question - then find a new place to write and find a niche that you know something about and become a better writer. In that way you can become more successful at writing without having to be mean.

Just some thoughts from an observer...

@justateach, I gave you a standing ovation. Nice try! Now, if you please, don't give me an "Ultimatum" and think that if I don't respond in this thread, my friend doesn't have the "Proof". If you want the proof, I suggest you send me an email with an address outside of hubpages, and my friend will provide you with all the proof you want!  Again, it seems that some people are trying very hard to taunt me here. If as you say, I have nothing to worry about, then why not allow me to find out for myself?  But, if you want my friend's proof, you will have to send an email requesting it and believe me, you will receive it!  Right now my friend has pointed out a hub member who "WAS BANNED" while using one of their hub accounts, and had posted their REAL name in it, has NEVER been properly Banned at all and IS writing on the hubpages site even as of yesterday! That person is guilty of Copyright Infringement, Slander, and much more! Notices were sent to the hubpage office in CA and my friend has retained copies!  I'll wait for your email request! Have a nice day!

2. abbykorinnelee profile image51
            abbykorinneleeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

People seem to have a lot of freedom to express themselves on here from what I have seen ... I am not taking sides because I was only here a year too and I haven't had many issues at all.  I think the fact this thread is still running is a good thing too, they didn't shut this down.  Maybe you are right too, I don't know.  I think that many people were way out of line during the election and I was really upset to see a lot of bullying among adults but I didn't report it because its not my job to tell you what you can and can't say.  It is their site, have you tried to talk to someone driectly because the one issue I had they helped me out

4. justateacher profile image85

And by the way....I don't need "brownie points"...I just need to know how to write and know how to communicate nicely to people...

1. cardelean profile image86

That was a really nice try to communicate nicely to the "person" justateacher.  Clearly he is here only because he is in great need of attention and not really to be productive at all.  Really not worth anyone's time, just nice for a shake of the head and a good laugh or two.

@cardelean, I feel so sorry for you. You know NOTHING about this matter. I'll ignore your empty comments from now on. Have a nice day!

lol lol lol  lol  I certainly don't need your pity.  I have plenty of other things to occupy my time with.  I am far from worrying about the covert, underhanded dealings of HP staff.  But thanks for another great laugh!

You must be very special.  I got ignored, too, but you have now been ignored twice!

LOL, yes, special ideed!  smile

big_smile

5. justateacher profile image85

Maybe you are right about your theory...I backed up Hubpages and my Hubscore went up!! smile

@justateach, I'm waiting for your email request. My friend said she can't wait to send you the proof! Thanks.

If you're that excited to send it then send it through her HP email account! big_smile

Note: @cardelean is being Ignored. Thank you.

Not so ignored if you keep responding to my comments and you are VERY welcome.  I hope that all of this helps you to figure out whether the staff is unfair.  And why when I suggest that you send it via email through her HP account am I being ignored?  Hmmm....I think I have the answer!!!! big_smile

2. justateacher profile image85

Sam - I didn't ask for it through email - I am like others and not interested in having a virus sent to my computer....I asked for you - or your friend - to post it here on this forum or elsewhere here on Hubpages where you have decided to make this an issue.

@justat, No, you gave me an "Ultimatum" and I didn't take the bait! Now you suggest someone will send a virus to your pc as an excuse for not really caring about this REAL and ongoing problem! My friend has the PROOF. After some of you have misused this thread and acted like children, my friend emailed me the proof and I NOW know who the person is which hubpages has FAILED to BAN, when they received the information from my friend. I think you all need to STOP with the BS because your "headgames" have added to my concerns about what really goes on at this website. If you really wanted to see the proof you could have asked me for a phone number and my friend said she would be happy to discuss it, should you call her, or maybe you think your phone will explode after you dial her number!  @justateach, unless you ask for her phone number, I am no longer responding to you as well. You're Ignored. Have a nice day!

1. holyjeans30 profile image67

send it, I'll look at it pnppowell09@gmail.com

@holyjeans30, my friend will send you an email which will include her phone number. You should call her and I'm sure all will be revealed! Have a nice day!

3. Victoria Lynn profile image87
            Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Interesting thread. sam nomorr--Why not just post this "proof" as suggested so  that everyone will know about these alleged concerns? If you'd like to enlighten us and help us all out, that would be wonderful. What's the big deal with not wanting to share this information except for privately?

As far as weird things going on here, no, I don't think so. It's a really nice site for writers to write and network.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
              DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Victoria! This is the same person who came on as a "journalish" a week or two ago, and told us how he earned so much from Squidoo. No proof that time, and of course he will not offer any proof this time.

Oh, yeah, Dr. Mark! Thanks. I remember that. Good to know! I guess we should just start ignoring these threads. :-)

1. DrMark1961 profile image96

Do you know how to stop this thread from showing up in your feed? I have not followed it but it still shows up.

DrM 1961, you are now being ignored! Have a nice day!

There's a little matter of libel to consider...

@Victoria lynn, Please respect my friend's wishes. She was SLANDERED here on the hubpages and her work was stolen. Why would she want to slander and humiliate herself by posting it on the OPEN INTERNET! You may provide an email address where her phone number can be sent to you. I don't see anything wrong with calling her. Thank you.

1. Judi Bee profile image91
                Judi Beeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're right, it could be humiliating to post stuff under her own name.  May be she could just use a pseudonym to avoid the humiliation of making a fool of herself - perhaps this is something you could help her with?

@judibee, Please respect my friend's wishes. I am no longer going to post anything here. I wish to point out that some folks have acted like little children here and since I'm a NEW hubpage member, I find that to be of concern. I'm sure some will continue to post after I stop following this. Say what you will, my  "print screen' key is working. (prt sc)  I really wish you all a good day.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
                    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't take it personally. But please be mindful that the points you brought up are serious and perhaps even libelous.

Unless you can provide us with some proof, then you have to understand that many here really believe in the site and are grateful for being able to write about what they love, believe, as I do, that HP is one, if not the best, site to write on, and can make some money in the process. Allegations such as the ones you posted can irk some and it is fair plus their right to speak in favor of HP if they so choose.

Take it in stride and please do not be offended. As time goes by and you get to know some of us you will realize that a lot of things are taken with "a grain of salt", so to speak...................cool

1. abbykorinnelee profile image51

I enjoy writing, and other than some issue with a question I posted recently I only got one hub that they claimed had duplicate material but when I emailed back saying I took out even quoted material and its the third time it came back and I was furstrated, they said to try one more time and email them again and they will look at it and help me and give me specifics...so that I have to say isn't something most websites do because when you reply to their emails it says undeliverable...it was one I got in my yahoo account.

Be careful, Judi - you will find yourself being ignored.  A fate worse than death!

1. tussin profile image56
                    tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol, that made me laugh.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7379087_f248.jpg

2. DrMark1961 profile image96

Is there an accolade available for those of us who have made the "ignored" list?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378056_f248.jpg

Just for the special people on the ignored list.  I contacted HP on their super secret aluminum can line and had this accolade made.  smile

It's beeyootiful!  One problem, though - how are you going to fit two of them on your avatar? smile

And I want one of those tin can lines, too.  I'm only 2,000 miles from the office - surely it will still work??  You're not so special that you get the only one!

Thanks wilderness.  I've mine covered...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7378066_f248.jpg

As for the tin can line, well, that's why HP is so unfair, because not EVERYONE gets one!  lol

Cruel you are, cruel indeed.  I now not only want a "2", I still want that tin can. 

If I cover up some more terrible deeds for them, can I get them?  Please, pretty please?!?!

I'm going to cry and kick my feet....

2. profile image0

lol

Thanks, cardelean!  That seriously made me laugh out loud!  When do I get my aluminum can?  Do I get my string at the same time, or do I only earn that after defending HP for two full years?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7379229_f248.jpg

I don't think you can get the tin can.  Cardelean is being cruel and, having the inside line to HP, won't let anyone else have one.  I know; I cried and threw a tantrum, but still didn't get one! 

She's mean, very mean and her own students tell her that, too! lol

2. profile image52
                Want to Writeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But yet none of sam's personae don't mind slandering anyone else!
                Not sure I said that correctly, but you get my meaning.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

THREE SONGS COME TO MY MIND REGARDING THIS SCENARIO, mr. nomorr:

SHE'S STRANGE  by Cameo
            DREAMING by Vanessa Williams
            LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS by Elton John....................

Dear Mr. Nomorr:
            The Hubpages Staff are wonderful people.   They are welcoming and not unfair.    The HubPages rules are fair and easy to follow.   If one follows the rules therein, then everything is fine and copacetic.     If one does not follow the rules, then he/she must endure the consequences, pure and simple !   These conspiracy theories are quite well, outlandish in the least, don't you say!

HubPages is an excellent place to write and create.   The Hubbers are wonderful and those such as Cardisa, Motown2Chitown, Wilderness, and last but definitely not least, Shanna11, many of the highly esteemed Hubbers here.     In essence, THERE IS NOTHING ABSOULTELY WRONG WITH HUBPAGES.   It is one of the BEST WRITING SITES around!   Good night sir!

1. profile image0

Thanks, gmwilliams.  Overall, I don't know that I'm highly esteemed, but the community is always VERY kind to me.

smile

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7379238_f248.jpg

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

I esteem you highly:)

"Fairness towards all members is simply a joke on this site. But hey, HubPages does not guarantee fairness or equal treatment to its members. Don’t believe me? Simply ask them and see the response you’ll get.

This latest ban has finally convinced me there is no hope of things getting any better here, or that the forums are good for anything other than for HP’s furthering their control over the members here. Mark my words, it will only get worse here as the staff/mods will be even more emboldened to run roughshod over those who dare to ask tough questions on the forums."

http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/Goo … ges-Forums

Now I feel pretty special. I am being ignored.I did not give you an "ultimatum." Just a suggestion. As for the "excuse" of being afraid of being sent a virus - it has happened to me before and I do not wish to do it again. It is not up to me to provide an email or other form of information to you or your friend - I haven't made any accusations - only attempted to help you and for your complaint. If the proof you and your friend is real and not imagined it cannot be considered slander - only truth. If, however, the charges are made up, I can see why you and your friend would be fearful of being charged with slander. If you are truly here at Hubpages to write and not just stir things up, I would suggest that you write more than one hub and concentrate more on that side of things. Otherwise, all of us writing here on Hubpages are here on our own free will and can make our own decisions.

If you have the proof - and it is the truth - share it. No need to be afraid.

Then you will get the new accolade, too!  Cardelean has designed a special one for all of us special, ignored people.

There is need for fear, though.  No more need be said.

6. justateacher profile image85

cardelean - thanks for backing me up! I appreciate it! I am glad to join you in being ignored!

You're welcome.  We conspirators need to stick together!  lol  And there's an "Ignored" accolade above for you!  smile

Dang it. I didn't push the envelope enough to get ignored. tongue

1. Natashalh profile image72
                  Natashalhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, Shanna11! It seems like people are getting 'ignored' left and right. Maybe 'he' is a creep and doesn't want to ignore you because he'd like to see your profile picture pop up.

My dear "sam nomorr," has it ever occurred to you that the common element in your antagonistic relationships with other hubbers is you?

7. justateacher profile image85

I will cherish my new accolade cardelean! It will fit nicely on my shelf! I feel that I am some great company in being ignored! And is it just me, or does he only ignore those who have valid points to make?

None of my points were valid? sad

Nope... he's ignoring me too and none of my points are ever valid.  I still think that painting or maybe bedazzeling would be a good hobby for him.  Maybe someone should get him an EZ bake oven... I could play with those all day long.

I had one of those when I was a kid but my mom took it away after I started sticking things in it to try and see how long it took to burn certain things. Crayons, dolls, my hand....

Niiiiice!  You didn't happen to have a pet hamster did you?

Rest in peace Hammy.... you were the best hamster I ever had. Beat all the other hamster's records, too....

2. Hollie Thomas profile image59
                Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I've been ignored for time immemorial, I thought that meant I was really special. Now my illusions are shattered, or carped on as you wish.

8. justateacher profile image85

Sorry Shanna - I didn't mean it that way - all of your points were valid - he just couldn't see it! Now I feel bad! sad

Haha, no, you're fine! I was just joking!

9. justateacher profile image85

And Shanna - maybe issue you him an "ultimatum" like he says I did...you, too, can get on the ignored list!
            smile

10. cardelean profile image86
            cardeleanposted 11 years ago

Accolades for everyone!  big_smile

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7378950_f248.jpg

11. justateacher profile image85

Good! And my easy bake oven was for melting things - not baking....I don't think I ever burned my hand though! lol

Here's an easy bake oven for him.  So lucky that my daughter got one last year for Christmas.  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378192.jpg

Just in time for the holidays!

12. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 11 years ago

You know, outside of the title and OP, this thread leaves me feeling good.  It's a big change from the other similar ones I've seen where newbiews get sucked into the garbage being spewed.

I feel like the more these threads keep happening, the more quickly they just evolve into general good humor, joking and teasing.

They're actually providing a chance for growth in solidarity for Hubpages members-- the exact opposite of what the OP is trying to do! Well done OP, you nefarious trickster!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7378945_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

I think it's actually a ploy by HP to muster their true supporters.  They want to make sure they've succeeded in their brainwashing attempts!

lol

Now that's evil genius!  We're going to have to watch them.  And eavesdrop with the tin can communicators Cardelean is going to provide everyone.  smile

13. Dale Hyde profile image80
            Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

"Please respect my friend's wishes. I am no longer going to post anything here. I wish to point out that some folks have acted like little children here..."

I am starting to see several members use this same basic line in various threads they have started.   I am starting to believe that the same member is behind the numerous profiles....

I think there are two or three, but that's about all.  Maybe half a dozen at the most. 

You're right that pretty soon you can spot the similarities.

14. holyjeans30 profile image67

I haven't gotten an email yet?! Been a few hours....wonder how long it'll take.  I'm very interested in this evidence!

15. lanablackmoor profile image83
            lanablackmoorposted 11 years ago

And just like that, with the single click of a mouse, my conspiracy theory quota has been filled for the day. I'm just barely finishing out my first week here, but this is already the third post I've seen following the same conspiratorial/critical pattern. The wording and ideas are pretty consistent, too. I think those who believe one disgruntled person may be at the root of it are onto something...

16. redwards01 profile image69
            redwards01posted 11 years ago

I've read through this whole thread and I can't help but see this guy "sam" as an ignorant and terrible troll. You made a bold, highly controversial statement then accused everyone who replied of kissing up to get "brownie points" just because they had high hub scores.

Hi redwards, I sincerely apologize if I offended you. It was an over exaggerated statement directed to Sam (not everyone else) simply meant to indicate that if you're negative, of course people aren't going to try to help you succeed. It was meant to validate his concern and let him know that, yes, it can happen, and to let him know that it's best for him not to portray himself in a negative light (guilt by association). If he were to play nice, perhaps he would not be ganged up on.
              Now can you please answer me one question? You said I said that kissing up causes high Hub scores. It is my understanding that the Hubber score is done by a computer calculation, not by HubPages staff, due to consistent, quality, hard work. I haven't seen someone who is stuggling or complaining with a good Hubber score, though. Does HubPages staff assign Hubber scores based on who they like? smile Because I don't believe I ever indicated that.
              Perhaps if I saw someone say "I am negative toward HubPages in the forums all the time and I dis the HubPages staff all the time and I still do fine!" Sam's theory could be disproven. smile
              I can see I need to grow a thicker skin and accept and get used to name calling ("ignorant and terrible troll") in order to please everyone on this site. Thank you for the learning experience. I'll be sure to jump on the bandwagon or keep my mouth shut next time instead. Again, I apologize, I am not experienced here and did not realize that standing up for someone (right or wrong) is a bad thing. Please accept me into this community as a majority of the people I have interacted with here have! smile It won't happen again!

1. redwards01 profile image69
                redwards01posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wait, I think this is a misunderstanding. My comment was aimed at sam as well. Did I accidentally reply to your comment?

Yes, HubPages notified me of your comment specifically via my notifications. It is not telling me about the other comments being posted. As I specifically mentioned "kissing up" in my reply in the forum, I assumed that your response was directed at my comments. I honestly had no ill intentions. I am new and because I am not following many people yet, my feed is filled with nothing but all of these negative forums and I guess I let myself get caught up in it which is something I normally do not do. The current items repeating on my feed are the following forums:
                  This one
                  "Stop Feeding the Trolls"
                  "Suddenly My New Hubs are Being Idled Almost Immediately"
                  "Two of My Hubs are Showing No Status in the Featured Column"

Each of these forums are extremely negative in nature and I was hoping to end one by encouraging both sides to be positive. If it weren't for the kind individuals who quickly took me under their wings upon me joining this site, the negativity would have pushed me away immediately! I was trying to help the site that has given me new friends, no offending was intended.

1. redwards01 profile image69
                    redwards01posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad this is cleared up since your point was very good. I'm also happy that I didn't continue writing what I was gonna say. It may have offended you just as much as I intended to offend sam.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7378495_f248.jpg

Ooooo, I LOVED the Mr. and Mrs. books when I was a kid!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7378926_f248.jpg

2. Shanna11 profile image75

Ah! Don't jump on the bandwagon-- it's a bumpy ride and it just goes in dusty circles and none of us can get off again.

You did nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for. Since you're new, this thread probably did just look really strange and mean and clique-y for you, but this kind of stuff has been going on a lot recently, and it all looks the exact same to us here. We've started to all respond in similar ways to these threads-- which are most likely created by one or two people.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7378480_f248.jpg

17. sparkster profile image85
            sparksterposted 11 years ago

I certainly do not think there is any kind of malicious intent by HP staff, that's just plain ridiculous.  Yes HP is becoming stricter and I have had a few problems lately but when it comes down to it all HP are trying to do is keep up with the times (and Google!).

It makes no sense for HP to hurt their own users, as they would then be hurting their own website, their own business, etc. HP just want the best for everyone and sometimes in order to get this sacrifices have to be made.

I think the problem is malicious HP users who try to sabotage other people's work by posting abusive comments, spreading disinfo/misinfo in order to slander other hubbers, flagging their hubs when there's nothing wrong with them, etc.  This IS something I have been on the receiving end of lately and have lost quite a few followers over it.  Indeed some of the less successful hubbers seem to be jealous of the more successful hubbers and therefore try to sabotage their work or portray it as being unreliable.

In fact a certain hubber's username springs to mind!

1. profile image0
              EmpressFelicityposted 11 years ago

Blimey, what have I missed?!

Shame I don't like popcorn. It's just gone 11.00 am here, so it's a bit early to pour a glass of claret lol

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7379051_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
                  EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was http://alphabeticallyinclined.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/sleepy-cat1.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7379102_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

No, bog off! lol

ETA: Now you've changed the image so my reply doesn't make sense. No fair, no fair!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7379109_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

::backs away very slowly from thread::

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7379127_f248.jpg

You amuse me! Interesting how people here complain about the "state of the country", about "corruption in government", "about crime all around us", but somehow we are to believe the hubpage CEO'S and Staff, never do anything questionable in order to stay on top of their game? I live in the real world, maybe you should too! Whenever it's all about the MONEY, you can bet, no one is CLEAN and POLISHED!

If you only think people are perfect or evil,and never in beween--well, the world must be a confusing place.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7383311_f248.jpg

No, I read the words you wrote.  You only acknowledge two options. 1) Hubstaff are evil, and 2) Hubstaff are perfect.

Hubstaff are normal human beings running a business for profit. If you can help them make a profit and also make one for yourself, well and good.  Otherwise, they have no real interest in you.  This is not surprising to me as I have a basic understanding of commerce.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7383357_f248.jpg

2. abbykorinnelee profile image51

I was thinking somewhat the same thing, you stated in the orignial thread that your friend told you all that, did you have more experience yourself?

3. profile image52

I know sam nomorr and "he" is a she.  A sociopath who will go to the ends of the earth to ruin someones life.  She is also jennym07, go look at her thread, she says some of the exact things, word for word she has said here.  She craves the attention.  She bullies other people then cries foul.  When she can't think of a quick answer she just repeats herself as she has done here many times.  She has no imagination.  She makes claims against other people when it is really her doing the abusing.  I feel sorry for her, she has no life and feels the need to torture other people who just want to be left alone.  She has driven good writers from HubPages because of her paranoia and bullying.  Her husband is just as bad.  She probably is all those other hubbers who complained in the forum.  She thinks she is being cute, but it isn't cute when you are the target of her abuse...her victim.  Call her for what she is.

1. abbykorinnelee profile image51

I hate negativity...it starting to wear on me...I get it in the real world I dont want to have it follow me

2. profile image52
                          Smandersposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image52

No, but she thinks she knows all and can do whatever she wants to anyone she wants.  As an example....she and her husband could steal something from you and then turn around and yell to the world that you stole from them.  So when you report what happened, they have already complained about you.  They very upset if you disagree or say they are lying.  You do not want to be under fire from these people.

1. profile image52

Deleted

2. psycheskinner profile image84

I have no idea what you are going on about.  But I am not married and I am not the person in that picture.

psycheskinner is not a fake account. Did you check it out?

1. profile image52

you are very strange smanders

2. profile image52

How do you know if it is fake or not?

3. fpherj48 profile image60
                          fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

and YOU, "Want to Write,"  only KNOW all this about Sam......because SHE/HE/Hubby and all other aliases are YOU.   Cease & Desist attempting to insult the intelligence of actual, real, stellar hubbers.  You are even a poor excuse of a scammer/troll/idiot.    Get some professional mental help...immediately, if not sooner.

1. profile image52

I am not these other people.  I cannot write on HubPages any longer because of this other person.   I am simply trying to warn you, but I shall no longer.  You can get burned by her if you like.  I loved HubPages and the people here, she ruined it for me and another I know of, maybe more.  SO believe her or her husband's lies if you want.  Pray that she doesn't turn They sights on you.  My writing style is completely different than hers.  Look at all she wrote, you can tell.  You used to even follow me when I was here.  I bid you good Luck.

Here:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7380007_f248.jpg

or here:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7380012_f248.jpg

Whichever amuses you more... or take both.  Alternate experience.  Word of caution though... under no circumstances should you confuse them.

3. profile image0

I too live in the real world and believe me I have no illusions about what people do in the business world in order to either get money or satisfy requirements that have been imposed on them from above. If you think I'm one of this site's "cheerleaders" you have got me very wrong.

2. profile image0
              Justsilvieposted 11 years ago

Looked In!

Ran away....
              http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7379271_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7379890_f248.jpg

not your pic u will be banned!!!!

sam nomorrposted 11 years ago

@wilderness, I'm amused by how people here complain about the "state of the country", about "corruption in government", "about crime all around us", but somehow we are to believe the hubpage CEO'S and Staff, never do anything questionable in order to stay on top of their game? I live in the real world, maybe you should too! Whenever it's all about the MONEY, you can bet, no one is CLEAN and POLISHED!

Generally jewelry industries are all about money, and I can assure you, they like to keep their wares clean and polished. wink

Thanks.  I might have responded (probably not) but it somehow seems wrong to "respond" to someone who is ignoring me.  There's just something wrong with that concept.

3. Nire Kross profile image61
                Nire Krossposted 11 years ago

Not quite related to your topic, but they did deny me any means of compensation for any work I do on the site without reason.

That's neat. How did they do that?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                  Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You don't have any hubs. It's hard to make money that way.

Are you trying to say that gracing HubPages with my photo isn't worth at least $1,000 per month?  That just isn't right! big_smile

2. Nire Kross profile image61
                    Nire Krossposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, let me clarify further. They have denied me an account to make money. If I wrote works the likes of which Shakespeare were capable of and entered one million hubs and entered every contest, I would never make anything from it. This account is now just for me to get experience and nothing else, which is less appealing. But I guess it doesn't matter, after all I must clearly be stupid and under the impression that my image makes me money. It's amazing I can find my way out of bed in the morning. Honestly, even I don't know how I do it. Gracing? Nice word choice. Love that you take the time to carefully craft your insults. Too bad you wasted a perfectly good stupid comment, eh? I forget, did I say, "Gee, somehow I haven't magically made money. Can somebody please oh please tell me what I'm doing wrong?" Look at that, I sure didn't, no sir.

Did you mean to reply to me?  If so, you erred and replied to Uninvited Writer, which was who I was speaking to as well. 

I'm sorry if you took my reply to UW to be an insult directed at you - it was intended as a joke on what UW said.

Who has denied you an affiliate account?  Google?  Amazon?  eBay?  HubPages?  All are possibilities for monetizing your writing here.

Adsense, I assume, s/he clearly has a Hubpages account. And the reasons for that refusal would be obvious to anyone who does a little research into how Google Adsense works.

It was to both of you, I thought you were adding onto his comment, and I apologize, my comment was unnecessary.
                        An it was an affiliate account, it just seems weird to me that they can deny me an account entirely, or that Hubpages has no pull on that since they are advertising through them.

If HP had pull with Google then we'd all be rich.

Adsense... the main way of making money through HP... is ran by Google.  It is a completely separate entity.  HP has NOTHING to do with who they give affiliate accounts to.

You might want to check out the learning center... it explains this in detail.

Start here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/mone … n-partners

To be honest, Hubpages is Google's bitch.  That's how it is with content sites.

*Grins*  True that...

That's ok, I wasn't on here just to make money, and I know they can't do anything about who has affiliate accounts. But like you said if they had more pull people on this site would make at least a little extra money, which would promote this site and the advertisements more. At least I'd think so, but I'm not into marketing, and I'm sure they've done their research.

Yes it would be nice if HP had more pull with Google unfortunately Google is a giant and the rest of the world... hp included... are piss ants.  I cannot think of a website out there... possibly with the exception of Wiki... that would be big enough to have any pull whatsoever.  Even they aren't big enough to make demands.

1. Nire Kross profile image61

Internet strike!
                                Not really though, it's not that serious.

So you were denied an Adsense (most likely) Amazon or Ebay account.  That's not up to hubpages... they don't have that kinda pull.  They can deny you an account with HP... which they obviously didn't or you wouldn't be posting... or they can turn off ads on an inappropriate hub (which seems unlikely since you have no hubs)

Sorry dude... you are pissed at the wrong people.

*edit...  sorry you appear to have one hub now.

4. holyjeans30 profile image67

I just logged in and I can't believe this thread is STILL going lol.  Wow.

5. trcyph profile image61
                trcyphposted 11 years ago

I totally agree that they bully people and by the time you get the hub approved with the silly comments someone else has your idea already published.

6. trcyph profile image61
                trcyphposted 11 years ago

how the heck are you suppose to write about a celebrity without citing when they were born and who they are without getting cited for duplicate content.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
                  Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are allowed a certain percentage of duplicate content. Look at the Hubpage rules, because I'm not certain what it is. I think 10%.

7. abbykorinnelee profile image51
                abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

I have never had an issue honestly, but reading your forum made me curious as to what guidelines they have to remove someone's question?  Mine was about when its considered amotional abuse and when it becomes the parents fault if its by a fmaily member...the girl who answered was confused and so I explained a little more in detail...I have written long comments or responses to stuff, seen hubs about the same subject matter..they removed it and said its to ask polling like questions...i just brushed it off....really doesn't bother me but read this and thought I would ask if you knew anything about why they take those off.

8. memphisT profile image41
                memphisTposted 11 years ago

I have published ten hubs that all had great traffic and then all traffic seemed to dry up for some mysterious reason I have had a certain number of my associates look and comment on all of my hubs and give me feedback of which none has showed up on my hubpages activity this was only a test but I indeed see that if you are not of the same opinions as the hubpages staff it can be very very difficult for good hubs to stay active and some that are also excellent become what they call irrevocable I believe that hubpages should be careful not to make these good writers angry due to their enormous pull in the industry and their ability to have this forum is dependent on their actions.

9. Victoria Lynn profile image87
                Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

I think we just need to stop feeding the negativity of this person who knows nothing about HubPages. Most of us know that it's just someone trying to stir up trouble.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!!!

2. justateacher profile image85

smanders just started an account at about 11:17 CST....seems kinda strange...

1. profile image52

Deleted

1. donotfear profile image83
                      donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So does yours.............

3. profile image53
                  Terrasightposted 11 years ago

Let me say it straight - people who run HubPages are simply very bad manipulators. Manipulators. They have no mind for the interest of the authors who make them money. They only want money, and they are desperate to make sure that they get it - no matter what. They are willing, and able, to do everything for that.

Integrity is a joke on this website.

1. donotfear profile image83
                    donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then stop coming here.

1. profile image53
                      Terrasightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Paul and Robin Paul Edmondson will listen to your advice, would't they? big_smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2265471

Penguins.

1. profile image52

I am sure most of you have a feeling about this anyway,  Jennym07, Sam nomorr, smanders, Terrasight, and Nursey are all the same person and her "friend" is herself whining about someone who caught on to her before.  She is nothing but a trouble maker and if she shows up again I am sure you will recognize her style or her husbands.  Neither on can stand to be contradicted.

4. abbykorinnelee profile image51
                  abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

All this attention is just what the negative person wants you know.  I wouldn't waste my time guys...there are so much better cconversations you could be in.  And fake accounts are part of the cyberbullying laws in some states. I would be careful.  Especially don't be stealing someone's picture and pretending to be them thats even more legal issues.  This is all so high school don't you think?  I highly doubt that hubpages is in a consipracy against people...google probably has a glich...the fake accoutn people are bored...and this is clogging up my feed:)

You tell 'em fpher!

6. gmwilliams profile image84
                  gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Thank you, fpher!    Totally concur, ENOUGH is ENOUGHt

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
                Necessary
                HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
                LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
                Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
                AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
                HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
                HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
                Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
                CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
                Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
                Features
                Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
                Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
                Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
                Marketing
                Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
                Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
                Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
                Statistics
                Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
                ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
                Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
                ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)