jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Word counts

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

I know I've heard talk about ideal word counts for search engines... and I also know that opinion varies a bit on what is ideal.

I'm trying a new style (for me) with a fashion hub featuring amazon links.  I've been using the "description" within the amazon capsules to speak a bit about that particular style.  Would my Amazon description be considered as counting towards total word count? Or, because its not part of the text capsules, am I going to wind up with what seems like an extremely short hub to the internet gods?

Thanks in advance.

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Simple way of checking is  to check the hubmetrics for word count, then  delete one word from amazon description and recheck if word count changed. Thats all I can give on that topic.

ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good idea... now I just need to find hubmetrics... roll smile

3. girly_girl09 profile image68
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

No, the Amazon text description does not count towards HubPages word count. However, I don't know why it wouldn't count toward 'Google's word count'.

I never use the descriptions for Amazon, however. I'll write a paragraph or 2 and then put a relevant product/products directly next to it so the reader knows what I'm referring to.

Thanks... that was what I was trying originally, and I just couldn't get a layout I liked.

4. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

Alright, I give up... Where the heck is hubmetrics?  Off to search in the faqs I guess!

Nevermind... Found it from another forum thread.  And, just to confirm girly-girl - No, Amazon descrips are not included.

5. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Glad 2 hear ya found it... suppose I shoulda told ya its at the top of all your hubs next to edit in the stats button... but you've found it by now so good 2 know that you confirmed it as no count

Thanks.  My confusion was because I was looking at an unpublished hub.  I was in edit mode... just had to exit out of that, and I was fine.

working