jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Picture

1. profile image55
    Grandma Janposted 7 years ago

Okay, I've got my story written, but it says to put in a picture, and I haven't got a clue! It says to drag and drop and reorder and, truthfully, I don't know what to do.  I do have photos in my folders but I don't know how to get them onto the hub.  Any help pointing me into the right direction would be great! Yes, I am a novice, but I'm willing to learn!

1. thooghun profile image81
      thooghunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello Jan,

On the right of your article in the editing section you should see a picture tab. When you press it nothing will seem to have happened, but it will have appeared at the bottom of the page.

Once you have located the picture table at the bottom use the arrows to navigate up and down the page until it sits where you want it.

Now to dispay the image, click on edit next to the picture and you have the option to either link to it, or upload it directly from your computer.

Let me know if you are still confused wink

Thoog.

1. profile image55
        Grandma Janposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok.  I will see what I can do with your very much appreciated remarks!

1. profile image55

Well, when I went to my hub, it said I didn't have enough as I didn't have pictures, etc.  So, the words were all gone and I decided that there was no sense in going on with this endeavor.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
            Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For one, you do not need a picture.  Thee are picture capsules that you can add, but you don't need one.

Make sure you've written enough words...there is a minimum, but I can't remember what it is.  150 words maybe.

I find it easiest to write my articles (hubs) in MS Word and then copy & paste it into the text capsule.  Other people write their stuff in Notepad.

Don't give up!

1. profile image55

Thanks, Jane.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
                Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome!

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

For your first hub, do what you want not what you think they want.  It takes time.  We all went through it.  Jane's right, make sure you have enough text, that's the most important element big_smile  good luck  big_smile

working