jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Request a Hub

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

Today we merged the idea bank with a new feature called "Request a Hub".  This gives you the ability to request hubs from your favorite authors, or just ask the community.  It also gives authors the ability to have and manage their own "advice column" where users submit questions or problems.

Try it out and tell us what you think.

http://hubpages.com/requests/latest/

I'm looking forward to seeing how people use this.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 10 years ago

I've already written hubs that deal with some of those subjects... is there a way to link up an already-written hub with a request?

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 10 years ago

This is a great new feature Paul. I already received one request. It really made me feel good. Thanks for the new feature Paul. How about bringing back "Grow The Pot'? Now its been more than six months and I think it will be interesting to see the contest alive again.

4. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 10 years ago

As an insatiably curious person, I love this feature. big_smile

SunSeven, hope you enjoy the question I posed to you. If I can return the favor, feel free to request!

5. SunSeven profile image62

Hi livelonger, Thank you very much. You made me feel really good about myself. I hope you got my mail. Regards

1. livelonger profile image89
      livelongerposted 10 years ago in reply to this

My pleasure! I look forward to the response. No, I didn't get your mail. Did you send it by email?

6. spacebull profile image59
    spacebullposted 10 years ago

Great new "tool". If I may steal a few lines in this thread - I would like to write on many different subjects, I enjoy that, but I fear that it will hurt me in SEO matters (in the long run, or whatever), in traffic matters etc. I think you get me. Can anybody share some opinion on this?

7. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 10 years ago

I like this new feature.

I feel the same way about wanting to write on different topics...but don't want it to "hurt me"--so far, I've decided to have two main topics and stick with those.

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

The way we organize content, it's actually a good thing to write about many topics.  Just tag them properly and create high quality information and you'll do well.

9. spacebull profile image59
    spacebullposted 10 years ago

Great, thanks.

10. SunSeven profile image62

Ok Paul. I have answered the request and published the Hub. But 'you have 1 hub request' still remain on the homepage. Do I have to remove it manually? I think it should go away automatically once the requested hub is published.

working