Maven is like Netflix (viz. The Nobel Prize of Literature for Hubbers)

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
    Tanmoy Acharya 100posted 3 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15490197.jpg
    Let's assume that you have a brilliant idea for a film. You may think that the directors of movie~studios will catch your idea like a bag of gold. You're terribly mistaken. Your movie idea must incorporate a villain, a boy meets girl tension, a crime scene, etc. If your story does not have these elements, no movie studio will grant your idea. They will not even listen to what you have to say. They will not even let you cross their gates. This is the case all over the world. From Orson Welles to Martin Scorsese — the movie studios have historically limited creators from fledging their wings. They would not have financed even a film like "Citizen Kane". The financier of that film was unfamiliar with Hollywood, that's why he financed the story.

Netflix has upset all these equations. Because of Netflix, filmmakers like Martin Scorsese and others are now capable of fledging their wings. Maven is a media juggernaut. Maven is like Netflix. Because of Maven, we writers are now able to fledge our wings fully.

So what's stopping us from winning the Nobel Prize in Literature? ~Nobel Prize of Literature Committee is increasingly getting digital. They are getting more and more unorthodox in their choices. They have gone so far, that in 2016, they awarded the prize to a songwriter (instead of a prose writer or a poet): "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition."

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/liter … lan/facts/

I think time is propitious for us hubbers in 2021. We somehow have to catch the attention of the Nobel Prize Committee towards the works that Maven (& HubPages) is doing. We don't have to tell them too much. They already know how rejective and restrictive the traditional book publishers are. They would love to award the members of a (fully) digital platform — because this is the future!

1. OldRoses profile image94
      OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Please do some research before proposing your ideas.  To win any of the Nobel prizes, candidates must be nominated by approved individuals or groups.  None of these would even consider a pieces from a content farm like HubPages.

1. manatita44 profile image72
        manatita44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's still a lovely thought. Keep your dreams going, Bro.

Bob Dylan is more than worthy, he has contributed greatly to mankind in an inspirational way. But yes, there are some questions, particularly in relation to the politicising of the Nobel Peace prize in general. Much Love.

Tanmoy Acharya 100posted 3 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54
    2. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm, my man. And I get your point about Netflix - and it's what I like about it; that people other than the established film makers can get their work out there. Same reason I like the Internet in general; it can give voice to people who used to not have such an outlet - reaching people around the world quickly and in some ways making major changes in narratives and dialogues.

I see how you might connect Hubpages to that equation, in the sense that it gives a platform to people who otherwise would not have had it at one time, because they're not a "big name" and have limited resources and connections. I'm just not so sure it is at the level of a Nobel prize or if it would get the attention of the Nobel prize committee who, to be honest, gives prizes to questionable people anyway.

Beautiful response, dear friend. Thank you.

1. NateB11 profile image88
          NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

No problem, my man.

big_smile + smile.

2. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 3 years ago

From where you get all these ideas from, Tanmoy. I am amazed by your ever flying thoughts. smile
    Lovely Ideas (keep formatting) cool
    Blessings smile

smile

1. Misbah786 profile image84
        Misbah786posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha... Was that an answer big_smile

lol Yes!

Really mad
            If yes,Why can't I get it then yikes

Do you want to talk about poetry, or something else? smile

No, Tanmoy was just kidding. Seeing your brilliant ideas. Poetry maybe some other day.
                What you are having already on forums is a nice idea. Keep it up !!
                Blessings and Peace smile

Blessings and Peace. smile

I listen to an internet radio station (HBR1 Dream Factory). Listening to music like this makes us inventive!

http://www.hbr1.com/cgi-bin/main.php?module=listen

3. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 3 years ago

While it is far-fetched but still it is a lovely dream and as writers and poets we have the perennial license to dream and create a utopian world of our own. Thanks for giving flight to your thoughts.

Beautifully said, Ravi ji. Thank you. smile

4. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54

Contact information of the Swedish Academy (Awarder of the Nobel Prize in Literature):

Swedish Academy

Post address:
    Box 2118
    103 13 Stockholm
    Sweden

Visiting address:
    Källargränd 4, Gamla Stan, Stockholm

Phone: +46 (0)8-555 125 00
    E-mail: sekretariat@svenskaakademien.se

https://www.svenskaakademien.se/en/contact

5. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54

What I suggest is that we post advertisements on Twitter and YouTube about HubPages. This will attract the interest and attention of the Swedish Academy and the Nobel Committee for Literature.

https://www.nobelprize.org/about/the-no … iterature/

https://business.twitter.com/en/campaig … r-ads.html

https://business.twitter.com/en/advertising.html

https://www.youtube.com/ads/

https://www.youtube.com/ads/pricing/

Brilliant Ideas here smile
      Great research work, much appreciated
      Blessings

smile

Do you know, The country with the most Nobel Prize winners in Literature is France

Did not know that. The French people have pioneering spirit, if I know correctly. Here is a Wikipedia article I found about the subject that you've mentioned:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N … Literature

By the way, thank you again. And blessings. smile

Peace!

smile

Rabindranath Tagore, a Bengali if I am not wrong also won a Nobel prize in literature in 1913.
          Iqbal and Tagore were simultaneously writing poetry in the sub-continent and if the level of poetry of both the masters is assessed dispassionately, Iqbal has an edge over Tagore. Both were mystics and they were heavily influenced by Persian mysticism of Fariduddin Attar, Jami, Hafiz, Sanai, Khaqani and the most sublime of all, the redoubtable Jalaluddin Rumi. Iqbal called Rumi, his ‘ruhani ustaad’ (spiritual master), whereas Tagore was influenced by Hafiz Shirazi.
          Though comparisons are always odious, at times one has to compare to bring out the difference and put things in perspective. The first and foremost criterion for Nobel in literature has been the writer’s comprehensive work and its transcendental universalism. The message has to be germane to all ages. On this count, the message of Iqbal has more relevance and greater reach. If humanitarianism is the core of Tagorean poetry, Iqbal also doesn’t lack a universal vision. Agreed, the great Iqbal became a bit Islamic in the final phase of his life, it doesn’t take away his greatness.
          I always have wondered  why Iqbal who is known as Shair e mashriq never won a noble prize in his life , I got the reason here
          Check this one https://www.milligazette.com/news/6-iss … d-a-nobel/

There are two Muslim surnames that I find extremely interesting: "Khan", and "Ali". The Khans are particularly interesting. A Hindu (bollywood) actress married a Khan. Her name is Sharmila Tagore, and she's related to Rabindranath Tagore. Here is her son:

https://youtu.be/1wylUixDml4

Shah Rukh Khan also married a Hindu woman. London's current mayor is also a Khan. Pakistan's current P.M. (very handsome) is also a Khan. I sometimes wonder, what makes the Khans so good?

Thanks for complimenting Imran Khan, he is a hero smile

smile

It is used as surname and as caste as well,
              Khan in general are Pakhtoons (Pashtun)
              I like all the Khans of Bollywood

Wikipedia has an article about the keyword "Pashtuns": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashtuns

Looks like Malala Yousafzai is also a Pashtun.

Yes Malala, was Pashtun, lived a hard life, faced a lot in her childhood, a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate. Do you know, There's a documentary on Malala's life on primevideo amazon
                  Here's the link https://www.primevideo.com/detail/He-Na … UZIDS7ZMOO

Check out this One too https://malala.org/malalas-story

https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/p … 461223.cms

The left side of her face has been disfigured to an extent: https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1363561388531154945

She has some of the biggest names in the game as her friends now, like Apple (Tim Cook), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Citi Banking Group, among many others.

She has a long life ahead. I wish her all the best. I've started to follow her on Twitter.

In many British schools in Europe, we have sections named as Malala (based on Malal Yousafzai) smile

She is on a journey to become the Mater Gloriosa, the Eternal Feminine.

"Pashtuns are the largest ethnic group in Afghanistan, constituting around 48% of the country's total population. They have been the dominant ethnolinguistic group in Afghanistan since the nation's founding. Additionally, Pashtuns are the second-largest ethnic group in Pakistan, forming 15% to 18% of the country's total population, and are considered one of the five major ethnolinguistic groups of the nation."

Pashtuns are a beautiful people. I will be learning more about them. There is still a lot to be learned. Thank you for enlightening me. smile

Pleasure, yes Pashtuns are beautiful, My mum is khan and my father Punjabi smile

Punjabis are brave, and they take the role of leaders in whatever field they choose to be in. smile

6. Tanmoy Acharya 100 profile image54

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)