Can We Replace Top Videos With Our Own?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

I have made many videos to illustrate my articles. The top videos supplied by HP team often don't relate to my titles. Could it be possible to replace the default videos with our own?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sue Adams, I take it that it's that possible. And HubPages has no foundation to imposed any video(or even photo) on any of our articles.

And of course editors discretions are necessary in imposing such videos. Though no reasons were given.        Should it happen that it help to gain traffic could you complain? On the otherhand, if you're lossing traffic, you really can vent your displeasure.                    At times it happen that the video has no editing button, which implies you can never replaced them. In that case, whether you like it(gaining traffic), or not lossing traffic, you can write team@hubpages to sort it out the the editor.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

If you're referring to those annoying "Welcome to HubPages" or "Welcome to (Name of Niche Site)" promotional videos that open automatically at the top of your articles, unfortunately there is no way to get rid of them, they are built in to the site template.

The Powers That Be seem to think that they will inspire readers to join up and become new writers.

Yes, and right points. These have no edit buttons. So you either like it or leave it.

3. Shesabutterfly profile image94
    Shesabutterflyposted 2 years ago

I saw two authors on Dengarden that had their own videos. They appear to have their own business and are very new to HP/Maven, but I do not believe they are HP/Maven staff. I asked about this and didn't get a response. I would email the team. If they can do it, I don't see why anyone else who wants to can't. I think the authors had the videos on youtube already, and staff used those.

Staff created special content for Eugene, when he asked about it staff said more were in the works. It would be less work for them if they let the authors create it though. Advantage of having actual related content as well. Win-win in my opinion.

Shesabutterfly, I'm with you in that.

2. eugbug profile image96
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It might be something to do with branding. On the one they did for me, the Hubpages logo appears in the top right throughout the video and Owlcation is advertised at the end. I'm sure they could overlay that text on videos we upload, but they probably either want to own the video or alternatively they can only manually overlay text at the moment and would have to do it every time we upload a new video.

That noted further.

2. Shesabutterfly profile image94
        Shesabutterflyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The authors on Dengarden I mentioned don't have HP/Dengarden anywhere in their videos. Which makes sense considering they own the videos and had created them prior to joining HP/Maven.

I get wanting to keep things uniform, but all sites/videos are not of the same quality or feel uniform anyway. Unless it's a glitch on my end Skyaboveus & Feltmagnet still don't have HP videos.

They don't own the article the video is on so I don't see why it would be a big deal if they didn't own the video either.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)