Backlink to HubPages Profile

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hello Beautiful Souls,

Has anyone else noticed that when we click the author's name on network sites, it takes us back to their HubPages profile? I was reading on forums yesterday that Google search engines are not picking up articles that were once ranking high on Google. Is it something that is affecting the search engines? Curious to know.

Thank you in advance smile

1. eugbug profile image96
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Don't know. I mentioned this in another thread. Maybe Hubpages has been released from Google Purgatory and its soul is clean. So it's OK to link to it from network sites.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I see. Thank you for your kind response. smile
        Blessings!!

2. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
      HubPagesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention again, Misbah. Our engineers are working to fix the issue now and hope to have a solution soon!

@HubPages: We appreciate you taking the time to respond to our questions. I'm hoping the team will try to fix it soon.

Best Wishes! smile

1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF

You're very welcome, Misbah! Our engineers have been working on this issue and should have a fix shortly.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image90
            Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good news!

2. HubPages profile imageSTAFF

We're pleased to report that this error has been resolved!

Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image90

Soonest is the bestest.

2. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

Not only is there a link to the authors profile, but there are links back to the profile of every single writer with an article in the Related Articles section.

The article I just looked at had 21 links back to the HubPages domain. 21 links!  There were seven instances linking to the same profile page.

Even if the HP site is no longer seen as harmful, which I didn't think was the issue anyway, this is still a horrible practice.

It would be really great if HP staff were to hop into this thread and explain why this is happening, why we shouldn't worry about it, and how all of the SEO advice that has been passed along for the last 10 years -- including policies established by HubPages itself to protect the health of the niche sites.-- has changed.

While looking at Google Analytics, I discovered that I was receiving referral views from Tatring to YouMeMindAndBody, LetterPile, my profile, and other sites, as well as vice versa. I assumed that network sites were being interconnected at the time, but the reality is quite different. smile

2. Shesabutterfly profile image93
      Shesabutterflyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The editorial policy has a link that will take you to HP and the write for us links also takes you to HP.

I'm hoping that one day someone will come across this path and address our concerns. smile

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

We do need an answer from staff on the reasoning behind this. As has been said, we have been told ever since the introduction of the niche sites..Do Not link back to HubPages! If it is now ok to do so, they need to clearly state that is the case.

I agree!  You are absolutely right. They do everything very silently without an announcement or anything smile

Blessings always!!

4. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 2 years ago

Bumping this with the hope that HP staff will see it and address our concerns.

The HP staff need to answer up on so many things. But this one is a big deal.

2. Misbah786 profile image86

You may say I'm a dreamer, but good to see I'm not the only one. I hope someday they'll join us in this conversation. big_smile

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

tongue

2. Kenna McHugh profile image90

Exactly, I love your spirit of play!

https://hubstatic.com/15911117.jpg

big_smile

5. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I have been absent too much lately, but I want to thank you Misbah for bringing this to the attention ofd the HP staff and to all of us.

Pamela, you are always welcome, dear friend. I hope you are doing well. smile
      Blessings and love to you!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)