The Number

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Ruby Campos profile image82
    Ruby Camposposted 23 months ago

Hi,
    What is the number beside my profile? Why does it go up and down? What does it mean?

1. Amara Hassan profile image89
      Amara Hassanposted 23 months agoin reply to this

One thing I noticed that hubber score gets improved with a rise in traffic and views.

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

It's called a Hubber Score. Please visit the FAQ for more information.

Ruby Camposposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Matt. This is helpful for me. I appreciate your taking the time in replying. God bless.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 23 months ago

Ignore it Ruby. Nobody knows what it means, although higher is better.

Ah okay. Thank you Rupert for your reply. i appreciate it.

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 23 months ago

Ruby, it is known as the “hubber score” and is assigned to us all, but it has always been a mystery exactly what causes it to go up and down. Supposedly, it is based on the quality and number of articles posted, as they well as our engagement in forums etc. Sometimes when you post a new article the score will actually drop, then rise again a day or so later. Mine has been fluctuating up and down between 92 and 87 for quite some time. Don’t stress yourself about it though, it doesn’t matter a lot.

Thanks Jodah. Hahaha, you really hit me right in that because each time I notice that the number goes down, I am really stressed. Sometimes, as I see it drops down into line of 7, I try to check all my articles one by one, thinking that I might be losing all of them. Hahaha. Crazy me. But thanks, it's a relief now!

4. Miebakagh57 profile image68
    Miebakagh57posted 23 months ago

Wondering than why hubpages choice to give a lower or higher number to some?

5. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 23 months ago

I've been moved to explain this several times before, but here goes again. The Hubber score is first determined by your shoe size, which is then multiplied by the last three digits of your Social Insurance number. Then, you add the circumference of a randomly selected rutabaga. Here comes the tricky bit, you divide whatever number you have by X, and nobody, not even HubPages, knows what the value of X is. This is your Hubber score. Is that perfectly clear?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 23 months agoin reply to this

I think 'X' is a figure somewhere around -2, -3, and +2 and +3 on a graph.                                           When the size of the shoe doesn't fit properly, its negative. And, should you continue to wear it to expand?                                      One thing I've notice on my ongoing research on the Hubber Score is that it increase or decrease by a maximum of +3 or -3.                       Always monitor the increasing or decreasing points, within a 24-hour period. Within this period be engagely active for at most four hours(divide the time to suit you).                                                The thing is that the more you got engage in commenting(sorry is taken away), discussion in forums, editing articles, writing a few new ones, reading, contributing, and much, up it goes. At a point I calll Y it become a constant. Here the HS is 60, 65,70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95. plus or minus.

6. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 23 months ago

One of those riddles that none of us can ever solve. Just let it be just a 'number'. I guarantee if you stop worrying about that number, it will go up quickly, lol!!!! Do not tell anyone else... It's a top secret. I went from 43 to 88 by following this simple trick. wink

Best wishes and Blessings!!

'I went from 43 to 88 by following...'  No. what advice did Bev gave you back then? I participate in that thread you post. When you began editing your articles, up your Hubber Score goes, right? My HS was 42 at that material time.

1. Misbah786 profile image85
        Misbah786posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Editing your hubs is helpful, Meibakagh. As far as I can tell, it mainly helps to draw in traffic. To be honest, I'm not sure when I last edited any of my old pieces. I feel like I should update some of my old articles because some of them are outdated. Many of our dear fellow writers have already given Ruby good advice. I've never seen anyone on HP who can completely agree on one point about these hubber scores. I've been chillin' for the last 6 months, not caring about the Hubber scores, and it's been good for me. Let's keep it cool. Don't fret! smile
        Best wishes!

No fretting. It's always a cool game. My HS is fluctating around 71 at the moment. I presume after the present write I'm on, I'll spent the next 3 weeks just editing all my stuff...Cool.

1. Misbah786 profile image85
            Misbah786posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Best Wishes!

You're welcome.

7. ravirajan01 profile image94
    ravirajan01posted 23 months ago

Ruby, as Misbah mentioned, the number is just a number to be ignored. However, if you need some readymade motivation, you may treat the number as a percentage. For example,if your number is 70, then 70% of the people who read your article have liked it. You can pat yourself on the back and continue writing even more awesome articles !!!

8. Ben716 profile image90
    Ben716posted 23 months ago

It's kinds of deteemines by several factors, chief among them, whether your hubs are featured, and how many, and each of their score.

You will see someone has less than 7 hubs and their hubscore is in 80s of 90s while another has over 50 hubs and is scoring the same or lower.

Don't stress about it, but again, ironically, it should motivate you to better your hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)