jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Finally, government relief!!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Another snowstorm is shutting the government down for  a day or two-- what a relief.This needs to happen more often.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

lol I saw the title and was like uh oh...what fighting will go on in there.

SNOW DAY! lol

3. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 7 years ago

Unfortunatly , it has me shut down ..I started out on a sunny Monday morning headed south from Northern Ohio, I am stuck in nowhere, West Virginia in the snow, not a fun vacation so far...

Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you are stuck, but the government does less damage this way. Hope you find a way to make the best of it.

4. RNMSN profile image87
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

haha Rochelle i love that remark!! and agree!!!/but you and I have to watch out/even snowed in we are of the age where they(capitalized) culd still be watching us!!!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image88

Through snow goggles? Oh no.

6. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Yes Rochelle, that is probably the best thing about this snow smile

7. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Yep I agree! Thank-you Rochelle you have given me one good reason to enjoy all this slop smile

8. Rochelle Frank profile image88

Sorry for you who are enduring difficulties in travel and power availability. It is not fun-- except, maybe, for the kids.

Some of us are in places where we are used to snow and used to occasional power and traffic limitations. It is entirely different in areas that are not prepared for it.

I live on the "snow line" which means we get a little snow every year for a limited amount of time. BUT, we know about it and expect it-- so do the local agencies.

We know how to adjust our driving, put on chains if necessary and just stay home for awhile. We live without electricity for short periods. The snow plowers are on our main roads when there is 1/4 of an inch, which is sometimes more of an annoyance than a help. At least we know they are there when they are really needed.

In places that don't get the inches of snow-- they don't have  even have snowplows or people who know how to use them available. Restoring power can be more difficult and take longer. It's not your fault, it's just the way it is.

Hope you are not seriously disrupted. Any unexpected condition can be stressful. Hope you are making the best of it.

9. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 7 years ago

I actually live in the Canadian snow belt in Ohio, so Im used to the snow..I just am trying to get away from it, no luck as of today either  sad

Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But you are stuck in a place where the people don't know how to deal with it. That may be part of the problem. At least Holiday Inn has breakfast-- one's I've been to.

working