jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Woo Hoo, London finally has some of the white stuff!

1. kirstenblog profile image75
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Been reading and watching the snow all round the country but we have just been cold, no snow, until today that is! Woke up this morning and the white stuff has finally arrived! It is even looking like it will settle and stick, hopefully in a few hours there will be enough for me to go make a snowman big_smile

1. travelespresso profile image80
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds really pretty.  I've never been in London when its snowing!  Enjoy.

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We had some last year and it was really pretty even tho we ran out of salt and whined about it like not going to work for a few days is really horrible! The school I worked at did its best to clear the snow at one point, poor caretaker was out sweeping it all up and then the very next day we had the same amount again. I am with the kids on snow, woo hoo, no boring work and we can all go build snow men and go sledging!

2. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

enjoy yourself .. make some some snow angels too........yippeeeeeeeeeee  smile

I am hoping! Going to have to take my camera out with me too, last year the snowmen and animals and such were really awesome, can't wait to see what people do this year smile

1. sofs profile image85
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Post some pictures here... so all of us can see...

Grrrrr its already starting to melt and of course has stopped! No fair! *temper tantrum*

2. JP993 profile image85
    JP993posted 6 years ago

its a lot warmer too, the weekend was absolutely freezing like unbareable and there was no snow down here but today we woke up to some light snow. Light compared to some poor people up north who are stuck and have had the snow for weeks now.

3. LondonGirl profile image87
    LondonGirlposted 6 years ago

It's pretty damn chilly ( I was playing netball last night, and it was sooooo cold) but the snow's beautiful. I'm in central London, and it looks magical.

4. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

We only had a covering in Herts, so not enough for snowmen!!!

5. kirstenblog profile image75
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

The snow on roof tops this morning melted by sunset today but at sunset it was snowing nicely, fingers crossed I will wake up to a lovely white blanket of snow on everything big_smile

6. LondonGirl profile image87
    LondonGirlposted 6 years ago

Still snowing here in the centre of town, and settling, now.

working