jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Making a Printable Document

1. IvyCrenshaw profile image60
    IvyCrenshawposted 7 years ago

I am looking to find the best way to make a pattern available on hubpages, for others to print out.  It is my own design, and I have researched several PDF programs, but they all seem to have a cost, and little to no way to protect the content form being linked to, without reference to the original article. 

*If there is a way to make a PDF right on hubpages, could someone please point the way?

*I have done some research on Scribd, and want to know others experience with it.

*I would also like to know about other programs that are compatible with hubpages and usable in this manner.

1. profile image0
      hamstersmessiahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

i don't know about putting PDFs on hubpages but Open Office from Sun Microsystems is free and allows you to export documents into PDF format.  I don't know if you can embed links in the PDFs however.

2. IvyCrenshaw profile image60

Thank you hamstersmessiah, I am looking that up. 
    What a creative name you have!  smile

1. profile image0

you're welcome, it's a handy suite of document tools... i use it a lot.

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

you mean a template? i hope one of the more experienced hubbers happens along, because i don't know if you can make PDFs @ HubPages, although you can add links in PDF files when you create them (outside of HubPages).

1. profile image0

i haven't tried embedding links with Open Office so I can't tell you whether that is an available feature with that software but it's free so it's well worth the price! =P

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

yes, free is good smile

5. IvyCrenshaw profile image60

I was looking at scanning in things and putting them in the picture capsules, but that gets tedious for the user, if there are several pages to print out, so I was looking at making a PDF off of hubpages and linking to it, unless there is a better way to upload a document into the hub itself.

6. IvyCrenshaw profile image60

Anyone out there this morning who know about these things?

working