Top Articles - Publishing Dates

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Joshua Crowder profile image93
    Joshua Crowderposted 5 months ago

I was looking at my top 10 articles for views in 30 days. I was wondering if anyone would like to compare.

It makes me sad that my articles that were published over the last 15 months do not get consistent views. Google has been clinging to the articles below.

1    12/9/19
    2    10/7/20
    3    1/1/20
    4    1/11/18
    5    2/3/18
    6    7/10/22
    7    1/1/20
    8    10/7/20
    9    7/31/18
    10    7/16/22

1. paolaenergya profile image92
      paolaenergyaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

That's very interesting, thank you for sharing.

These are my 30 day stats:

1) 09/10/15

2) 06/09/21

3) 05/03/16

4) 09/07/15

5) 10/11/18

6) 09/14/23

7) 08/27/15

8) 08/16/23

9) 08/24/23

10) 08/10/23.

Basically 4 hubs are from this year's content. Sometimes I spot something that hasn't been written about at length so I cover it, but as we all know this is getting more difficult each day!

2. WriterJanis profile image91
      WriterJanisposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Just wondering if you are comfortable with sharing how many views these articles get per day?

Joshua Crowderposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I don’t mind posting my views later. I’ve got nothing to brag about.

2. Joshua Crowder profile image93

WriterJanis, starting at 1 they are about 800, 600, 600, 500, 400, 400, 400, 300, 300, 300

1. WriterJanis profile image91

Thank you Joshua. None of mine even hit 100 a day except when a couple have gone viral. I've got to do some rethinking. You're an inspiration.

Oh that’s not per day. Those are for 30 days. My highest per day is 40 to 50 but only for a few days a week.

1. WriterJanis profile image91

Gotcha. OK. I feel better now.

2. Joshua Crowder profile image93

Once I get up to 200 articles, I’m gonna stop writing on HubPages and then just focus on SEO and directing traffic to my articles.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image93
              Kenna McHughposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Joshua, You have a plan! What steps will you take to focus on SEO, particularly after writing the articles?

3. Kenna McHugh profile image93

My 30-day views top ten:

1 - 05/13/17
      2 - 01/12/18
      3 - 12/21/15
      4 - 01/24/18
      5 - 04/29/17
      6 - 01/23/19
      7 - 10/04/16
      8 - 05/15/17
      9 - 09/10/18
      10 - 08/12/15

I wish responses were more optimistic regarding views and making money here. I also want Paul Edmondson or someone to write a transparent post like we used to get. Even if it was bleak, Paul gave solutions or projections of what to do, giving us hope.

1. Solaras profile image96
        Solarasposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I second that it would be nice to get some partnership from HP. Matt chimes in, but I feel we are sort of resented as some sort of old appendage that wants more than they deserve.

HP is constantly thinking up ways to make money for HP and leaving the majority of us in the dust.  They appear to have a news series "The Ultimate Guide to Such a Breed" and there are 2-3 writers furiously churning out said guides, some of which are so basic that they are useless to the reader.

Add to that the News articles, another HP staff chore, of silly tic tok reviews.

And ads galore...

What ever happened to Rojo?

Comments would add to the engagement aspect of our sites and articles. Look at Quora and Reddit - some of those threads have 5 comments, but come up on the first page.

Would be nice of HP to partner with us - give us a contest, find an underserved but trending topic to write on. 

There is a lot of talent here that knows how to get views and deliver solid, valuable information.  Paying staff to make low value posts 5 times a day per author, come on, you have to know better than that for long term health of the sites.

4. SerenityHalo profile image95
      SerenityHaloposted 5 months agoin reply to this

1. 9/11/15
      2. 12/15/20
      3. 3/21/16
      4. 2/20/22
      5. 2/6/21
      6. 6/21/14
      7. 4/26/22
      8. 1/29/14
      9. 10/24/16
      10. 1/2/14

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 5 months ago

My current top daily articles by views go:

1 - 2012
    2 - 2018
    3 - 2012
    4 - 2017
    5 - 2018
    6 - 2017
    7 - 2019
    8 - 2017
    9 - 2017
    10 - 2020

My recent ones don't get a look in. Best 2023 article comes in at 16 and barely scrapes 20 views per day.

It's the top five that keep me going. The first one is nearly at 2 million lifetime views. If it weren't for those, I'd be giving up.

1. paolaenergya profile image92
      paolaenergyaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Oh, wow! 2012 still bringing home the bacon! I hope your 2023 hubs will pick up the pace.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 months ago

It's hard for newer articles to get the traction needed to pick up backlinks in this bleak environment, so they tend to languish.

With most algorithms, including Google, there's a snowball effect, where the better you do, the better the chances of doing even better because of all the attention.

My best performers here are often over ten years old.

There's not much incentive to write new material. In the past, I saw the bad periods as temporary so would keep writing regardless. However, this current period of negative algo updates and low traffic has gone on for over two years now.

4. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 5 months ago

Top to Bottom 1-10 and 30 day pageviews
    2018 6057
    2016 5764
    2014 5729
    2014 5287
    2015 4242
    2018 4114
    2013 4112
    2013 3885
    2016 3816
    2018 3666

At around 20 down the list is a 2022 article getting 1927 and around 30 down the list is a 2023 article garnering 1573 over 30 days.

Interesting exercise and kind of sad.  I'll still publish 2 more before the end of the year.

Solaras, compared to mine, your page views are impressive. Mine are the same minus one place value on the right. My viewers come to learn one thing then they peace out. Interlinking to similar topics is my best bet.

In the long run, I am going to start posting articles that don't get views on a Wix site as a test in addition to creating a YouTube video for all 170 of them.

5. Joshua Crowder profile image93
    Joshua Crowderposted 5 months ago

I’m gonna add more topics with keywords, but stick the topics that are relevant to the top articles online. Then I’ll still go through and edit all my articles and continue to condense without removing those keywords. So add more relevant topics and condense is my whole strategy.

And then my articles that don’t get views on hubpages the new ones basically, I’m just gonna post those on my own website and see if I can do anything to get views up. If I can get the views up, I’ll monetize my own site.

For video creation, I can create a template and have AI help me build a script into that template from my articles. That way they can be more narrated without putting hours of effort in. The video splicing is probably the hardest part for me. So then I’ll post a YouTube video daily and hope the algorithm picks up for me and people can get the hubpages link from the description if they need it.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image93

Joshua, It sounds like a good plan. I often though of doing AI videos based on Glenn's suggestion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)